2016 Gold Cuppin

After suggesting he will bend Ricci's ear about a Ryanair run, Walsh puts up Vautour/Djak reverse forecast in Gold Cup......which tells you a) how serious he is during Previews, and b) where Vautour is going to run.

Last edited:
I know these things are normally bollix but I'm surprised to hear Ruby say he would rather Vautor runs in the RyanAir. Is he just thinking about winning easier races?

He is waffling-on whilst giving precisely nothing away.....consistent with every preview he has ever done.

After suggesting he will bend Ricci's ear about a Ryanair run, Walsh puts up Vautour/Djak reverse forecast in Gold Cup......which tells you a) how serious he is during Previews, and b) where Vautour is going to run.

Worrying times for the Vautor fans. ;-)

No doubting what Ruby will ride. Once it was suggested that the only who that could bustle up Faugheen was Douvan but Ruby was having none of that but said Vautor could. He obviously has total faith in the horse and that's what counts. btw who is is Noel O'Brien when he's at home?

I think DC needs too many things to fall into place for him to win

Vautour just needs to stay and not be held up beyond his natural inclination

The thing is Granger everything that could have gone wrong went wrong in the King George eventually DC ending up on the floor.

What you have to consider despite a bad day at the races many think he would have won had he stood up,

No doubt in my mind he's the best staying chaser around and a clear round should see him win the Gold Cup.

The way he disposed of Cue Card really highlights how unlucky he was to fall at Kempton as he has bags of speed when he gets going and would surely have mowed the leaders down.

Stepped up for the Gold Cup in ireland he trounced Djackadam. Of course the WPM fans were out in force with the excuse Djakadam has a hard race at Cheltenham.

Vautour was awesome in the JLT and you have to respect Ruby's confidence in the horse but there's a huge question mark hanging both he and Cue Card.

Djackadam looks too slow to win a Gold Cup and the sensible choice has to be Don Cossack

Last edited:
The only thing that "went wrong" with DC at Kempton was he fell - there were no other excuses. And Cue Card is self-evidently a completely different animal now, to the one routed at Aintree last season.

Track form has to be a minor concern with Don Cossack too, considering how well it suits some of the other principals. DC and Djak the only pair at head of the market with no winnig form there - has to count for something, relative to the others.

Last edited:
No doubting what Ruby will ride. Once it was suggested that the only who that could bustle up Faugheen was Douvan but Ruby was having none of that but said Vautor could. He obviously has total faith in the horse and that's what counts. btw who is is Noel O'Brien when he's at home?

Irish handicapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are talking about a horse to win the Gold Cup....having one that could bustle up Faugheen and Douvan would seem pretty pointless!

It points to his class.........as do his 2 effortless victories in Championship races at the Festival........I fear you and the rest of the Djakadders protest too much. ;)

Last edited:
We're debating this a while now. Thankfully this day 3 weeks we'll all be very nearly out of our misery. Lets just hope they all stay safe & healthy between now and then and get there in one piece.

We're debating this a while now. Thankfully this day 3 weeks we'll all be very nearly out of our misery. Lets just hope they all stay safe & healthy between now and then and get there in one piece.

Yep...fair play, KA. Yanking of chains is of course permitted, but I think we all want them to get there in one piece, and give their running. It has the makings of a classic Gold Cup, if they do.

It points to his class.........as do his 2 effortless victories in Championship races at the Festival........I fear you and the rest of the Djakadders protest too much. ;)

I'm a huge fan of the horse...but if you can take Faugheen and Douvan off their feet you should concentrate on using that speed rather than pulling him back to try and stay the extra distance. It would appear Ruby thinks the same.

You will know what Ruby thinks about his chances of staying, when he chooses his Gold Cup ride. ;)

As I said back in the Autumn, the thing that will really amaze people about Vautour after he wins the Gold Cup, is that he was also able to win a Supreme Novices. On breeding, he should never have had the toe to win a championship hurdle race over 2m.

Last edited:
Pretty much what was said about the CF.

Vautour is a class act and one you can't but like. I though can see the petrol gauge flashing the amber light, and the race hasn't even started.

My lad will hunting in behind with his cigar lit. Just needs to have his wits about him where the Don...... is.

My lad will hunting in behind with his cigar lit. Just needs to have his wits about him where the Don...... is.

Aye....it will be a Hamlet cigar, which he will light-up after falling at the second-last ditch, to the strains of Air on a G-String. ;)

:lol:

Last edited:
Aye....it will be a a Hamlet cigar, which he will light-up after falling at the second-last ditch, to the strains of Air on a G-String. ;)

:lol:

Ruby will be chucking Vautour over you're forgetting. In the safe hands of Townend my lad :D

attachment.php

Paul Towned.

Attachments

• hamlet_01.jpg
    hamlet_01.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 47
Back