2016 Gold Cuppin

should have been 3 out Clive..not 2 out...typo...or error due to age/....heading on data says fence 16 ..apologies for the error

FFS EC are drunk???. There was no more than 3 seconds between Long Run and Cue Card from 3 out and in 2012 Long Run was fully 5 second slower than Cue Card from 2 out.........20 seconds from 3 out is a fence

Couldn't find Long Runs 2010 win on softer ground EC but did a split screen comparison there of Silvinaco Conti's 2014 win & Cue Cards this year. For anyone still wondering what they'll back in this years GC I'd strongly recommend trying this method, it might help you make up your mind.

On very similar ground (slightly better in 2015 if anything) it's clear to see SC has used a lot more petrol but still finished way faster than Vautour & Cue Card. When you consider what the hill done to conti and add in the extra two and a half furlongs off of a faster GC pace there's no way in hell surely that either CC or Vautour can win the GC?!

Another alarming fact for me would be that Dynaste & Champagne Fever actually finished ahead of where Vautour & CC did having followed SC around, both having also used more petrol throughout so it puts this years renewal in perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because it wasn't run in Jan 2011 due to abandonment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTS1g4_Acvo it's at the very end

It was good to soft in 2012 when he beat captain Chris it was heavy hence Cue Card was faster than him.

Last edited:
where have you got 20 seconds from Tanlic?..20 lengths isn't 20 seconds last time i looked..sorry i'm not following what you mean

the comparison is from 2010 for long run..not from 2012..in 2012 the ground was dire..you can't compare the two of them on totally different going,,why do you think i picked 2010 you plum?:)

you like your side by side video jobs.....well you got 3 good races to look at..and the ground is near on the same..check them out...2014 SC...2010 LR and CC

particularly do the LR one..where LR is running on slightly..very slightly slower ground than CC

Last edited:
don't use clips for goodness sake:)....you want to go to sporting life site..view the whole race from fence 1 re 2010 LR + CC..then do same with SC v CC

Last edited:
Having hammered Cue Card,Djackadam and Roi du mee, 26 lengths 7lengths and 12lengths on the surface at 3 different distances is a fair indication to me, he's got speed, he has stamina and doesn't mind good ground at all.

Cue Card wasn't the same horse last season, and Djakadam took on RTR from a long way out at Punchestown, leaving DC to pick up the pieces (after being outjumped and outpaced at several earlier fences, mind).
Roi De Mee isn't worth discussing

I don't use clips I have the full videos on my desktop and don't depend on connections either. Whatsmore I can't agree with your findings nor do I understand what you can possibly learn from comparing the two that will solve the GC puzzle. Just why on earth are you comparing Long Run to Cue Card is there a point to this?

I did it for the hell of it and ran both races side by side and there's no way does Long Run finish 20 lengths in front. You might be talking 10 lengths but not 20. Not that it matters.

That is hardly surprising as the two races from that point were not run in the same manner. Nacarat had set sail for home and was flat to the board with Long Run in pursuit plus SWC was well aware AP was right up his backside.

They were flying and between the 13th fence and the bend and they were already 6 lengths up on Vautour who was still being held on to by Ruby and Cue Card was just staring to get going.

You simply can't compare two races being run in two different ways...I can't see what you hope to gain from it at all.

Cue Card wasn't the same horse last season, and Djakadam took on RTR from a long way out at Punchestown, leaving DC to pick up the pieces (after being outjumped and outpaced at several earlier fences, mind).
Roi De Mee isn't worth discussing

I can assure Cue Card was the same horse I'd know his colours anywhere :lol: Last years Gold Cup winner took it up from flag fall and nothing could pick up the pieces.

That win over Djackadam was a better performance than the Gold Cup winner put up he absolutely hammered the Gold Cup runner up who ran the race he always runs.

Can't keep knocking the horse his form is rock solid and should be fav for the race. he has more chance of seeing out the trip than Vautour or Cue Card, he's already beaten Djackadam hands down not much you can argue with there now is there?

That win over Djackadam was a better performance than the Gold Cup winner put up he absolutely hammered the Gold Cup runner up who ran the race he always runs.

Djakadam had just come from a brutal Gold Cup. I wouldn't be assuming he put up the same level of performance.
He was also just a baby at 6 and fully entitled to improve this season if the previous hadn't left a mark. His Durkan showed he was still the business, and over a shorter trip which was good to see.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him.

Last edited:
Can't keep knocking the horse his form is rock solid and should be fav for the race. he has more chance of seeing out the trip than Vautour or Cue Card, he's already beaten Djackadam hands down not much you can argue with there now is there?

Where is the Cheltenham form though?

Vautour has one run at 3m, runs north of 175 in the strongest KG run in years, and yet people don't give him the benefit of the doubt on stamina.

I honestly find that really strange. Best Mate went on to win three Gold Cups in very similar circumstances.

Vautour has one run at 3m, runs north of 175 in the strongest KG run in years, and yet people don't give him the benefit of the doubt on stamina.

I honestly find that really strange. Best Mate went on to win three Gold Cups in very similar circumstances.

Vautour has speed and gears. So much so that you could drop him back and he could win a Champion Hurdle or Champion Chase.
He's struck me as one who could stretch out to a King George but have serious doubts about a Gold Cup. He has time on his side but I have my doubts.

If we were to have ground like last year say, would you still fancy him?

Last edited:
You'd have to be very doubtful to be fair when Ruby admitted he is trying his living best to reroute him to to the Ryanair. I don't care what reverse forecast he gave for his charity bet. You'd have to ask yourself why he wants him over 2m5f instead of 3m2.5f!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think ground is immaterial, tbh.

I don't really have too many concerns on the stamina front: he will get the trip on breeding, and I think he will be a minimum half-stone better at Cheltenham anyway.

He is one of those who will look obvious after the race; the post-mortem ultimately confirming the doubts in the others - whether it be age, track form or class.

Best Mate stride wasn't shortening on the run to line though, Vautour was at the end of his tether.
In The Ryanair he'd be the biggest certainty of the week.

I admire your faith Grasshopper, and you may well be proved right. We'll see.

He would run a huge number in the Ryanair. I'd have your house on it.

I admire your faith Grasshopper, and you may well be proved right. We'll see.

He would run a huge number in the Ryanair. I'd have your house on it.

Like connections, I have no interest in Vautour winning an inferior contest, when the real prize is absolutely within his grasp, Frankel.

I fully expect a performance that will have people reaching for even greater superlatives than they used after the JLT. :cool:

Like connections, I have no interest in Vautour winning an inferior contest, when the real prize is absolutely within his grasp, Frankel.

I fully expect a performance that will have people reaching for even greater superlatives than they used after the JLT. :cool:

Connections already have the big one within their grasp anyway :D

Yes, in the Ryanair :D

Next :lol:

:cool:

Back