2018 Gold Cuppin'

Reading between the lines with Henderson’s post race comments he was probably only 80% going into that. He took a good blow afterwards so that should tighten him up and bring him on a lot. I liked the way he settled in behind Frodon and bar one or two fences where he really showed off with how high he could go his jumping was beautiful. He stood off one or two and winged them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was impressive but I really like the way he put so much distance between him and the rest when he was stoked along. It takes him a few strides to find top gear but once he does he covers an astonishing amount of ground.

He took one stride fewer between the railway fences second time round.

Just need Faugheen to win doing handstands next week and we can go gold cuppin with Yorkie

Reckon he could? Never struck me as a Gold Cup horse, saying that I've never seen him over then distances.

Ruby swears by him though and he knows better than me.

They're not exactly pointing towards a Gold Cup run entering him in 3 hurdle races and the QMCC.

Between him and Min I honestly believe they are trying to cover 2 mile races so they can step Douvan up in trip

They're not exactly pointing towards a Gold Cup run entering him in 3 hurdle races and the QMCC.

Between him and Min I honestly believe they are trying to cover 2 mile races so they can step Douvan up in trip

Either or - I hope for their sake that they aim something other than Djackadam for the Gold Cup

News that Our Duke has undergone a back operation, with the Irish Gold Cup in February identified as a comeback race.

Coneygree recovered from his overreach and having some schooling at Newbury Racecourse tomorrow. American (Harry Fry) and Buveur D'Air among others working.

Does he mention Yorkhill's Cheltenham target, PJ?

attachment.php

Attachments

• yorkie.JPG
    yorkie.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 96
Yes I just read that ...what a duo

"My only worry is that the three hard races he had last season might leave a mark on him" Jessica

"The main concern I have about Saturday is the ground". Robbie

The horse has run very well on heavy and soft ground in Ireland which we would call a bog.

The top and bottom of it for me is he could pick BDM up and carry him on any ground

He beat Black Lion 1/2 length, he got stuffed by native River on soft ground at newbury and has never beaten any of the top chasers around who have run their races.

BDM is a talking horse who is always going to do something but does nothing. Gold Cup failure, well and truly stuffed in the Betfair Bowl and the Denman.

I reckon Sizing John will pick him up with ease and leave him standing like a tree...a no contest Grab that 3/1 I have :)

Last edited:
BDM's best runs have been in soggy Haydock ground which I assume is why he is favourite . Weather forecast for later in the week rather concerning especially heavy rain predicted for Wednesday - could the day be at risk ?

All the noises are because they know they'll be facing a racefit rival that is likely to have his optimum conditions. Sizing John will be 80% at best. Jessie won't have him anywhere near his best at this stage of the season. If Haydock comes up heavy I suspect he won't even run and she'll hold him back.

80% Fit wouldn't get him to post, however there's good reason to believe he'll be more than fit enough to do himself justice.

He has won first time out twice in his career the third time he was 2nd to Douvan and won his next 4 races.

The Betfair is normally not contested by the Irish..last runner 4 years ago was Elliots and was pulled up.

She is sending him for the 1million bonus and she'd have to be half stupid not to have him race fit and she is anything but that

Agreed.

If Sizing John runs, he has to be fit, otherwise what's the point in travelling to Haydock/going for the bonus? There'd be easier options at home.

Last edited:
Back