2018 Gold Cuppin'

Coney Island still has 4 legs thankfully

attachment.php

Attachments

• DPQk-3qW4AAndF9.jpg
    DPQk-3qW4AAndF9.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 124
I can't see why Cue Card can't beat BDM. That said Tizard is a dick and doesn't deserve the horse. Cue Card has always been an accident waiting to happen since I can remember..he almost buried Daryl at kempton behind Silvi and he's has clouted a few in his time.

Blaming Paddy Brennan is a huge no no he won about 6 Grade 1's for him however it's about the horse and not the trainer so I wish him luck..Cue card that is

Wish I had your worries......looks 90% certain to go ahead Sunny today light shower tomorrow Sat will be fine except for 2 tornados and a monsoon :lol: You'll be fine mate

That's the kind of performance I was hoping for when I backed him for last season's Gold Cup at 16/1, 14/1 and then 33/1 and 25/1 (twice).

Good shootin', Euro:)

i wouldn't go crazy over it, beat absolutely exhausted horses in behind who are either not very good or over the hill.

something about that race where i think the form can't be taken at face value. probably a combination of the ground and the track. seems to throw up a lot of long distance winners in recent years that don't quite match the form over the remainder of the season.

Yes, I think heavy ground at Haydock is different from anywhere else and not many horses truly act in it. I also think sometimes it's different heavy ground from one meeting to the next.

Interesting too that the commentator said the following handicap chase over C&D got to the winning post two seconds faster so maybe there was not much in the way of early pace in the race.

BDM wasn't fault-free through the race but for some reason he really excels here.

BdM not a horse I've ever really taken too..............but he'd win a Gold Cup if it was held at Haydock.

WTF was that stupid commentator all about "The King of Haydock??"

I bet you he upset a few people with that comment....King my ass not only does Cue Card have a superior record but Kauto Star but for falling in one would have won 5 Betfair Chases and is the True King of Haydock...dickwad

BdM not a horse I've ever really taken too..............but he'd win a Gold Cup if it was held at Haydock.

I sorta was hoping no one would mention the Gold Cup Haydock or no Haydock and he wouldn't win a Gold Cup if is held in his box and he was the only runner

Cue Card never went a yard for Harry Cobweb and he was concentrating so much on not falling 0off he forgot there was a race on......

Yet another solid performance from Traffic Fluide Grassy.......beaten 67 lengths ..that's only twice as far as Altior beat him......I can see some light at the end of the tunnel for him but that's because I am using the Hubble Telescope:lol:.

Its quite funny, they rated him provisionally 171 and everything in behind they assume had run their worst ever chase race. He simply was devastating on the day.

They didn't do that with Harbinger couple of years ago when he put a one-time performance and rated him higher or the same with STS.

No offence, Aughex.......but you can fu*ck right off with your Harbinger/Sea The Stars chat, on the Gold Cup thread.

:cool:

Last edited:
I saw that on Twitter yesterday, that Chase the Spud's time would have put him 2nd in the BC. Nonsense of course, he'd have faired as well as Shantou Flyer.

BDM actually reminds me of Battaash (Grassy:mad:) in that prior to yesterday the knock on him was that he hadn't produced one of his devastating performances at Grade 1 level. This is also nonsense, you have to go with the performance in hand on a given day and not so much the grade it had happened in.

Back