2018 Gold Cuppin'

Have to say I nearly fell over when I saw SJ's price myself yesterday. I assumed then he'd be a non runner due to price being so big, but you lads haves covered off the rationale nicely here.
I'm tempted to avail of some of that 3/1 as it's a massive price regardless of ground.

What happens an Antepost bet if the meeting is abandoned? (Never had this before).

Is Outlander an intended runner does anyone know?

AP bets would presumably be voided, in the event that the meeting did not take place. Individual firm's terms apply, I think, if the race is subsequently rescheduled.

Not sure about Outlander.

I’ve taken 11/1 Outlander (boosted from 10s) with Lads. He’s obviously a bit of a monkey but BDM has also put in a few below par performances (not at Haydock it’s true) and the price difference is too big IMO.
No doubt he’ll get pulled now or run like a pig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't touch Sizing John in this and despite thinking Bristol De Mai has his perfect conditions I'm pi55ed with myself for not backing him weeks ago when I intended to, so at the prices I'm going to let my heart rule my head (to an extent) and back Cue Card 7/2 ante post - just in case they decide to pull SJ on account of the ground.

He went off 5/2 - to BDM's 6/1 - in the Charlie Hall and but for the fall who knows. He's a three time winner of the race, twice in soft ground & last time in similar conditions to what look likely this w/e and his run at Ascot at the start of the year proved that on that type of surface and when he stands up, he's still capable of top class form or at least was 9 months ago !

Trainers really need to start thinking about what they actually say now. She was very clear that the horse was an intended runner yesterday. Everyone knows the ground is going to be heavy, but a day later she pulls it out for the ground. Its really poor from them TBH....and i've not had a penny on anything in the race.

Very disappointing given trainer comments but starting his season off on heavy ground was never going to be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say I nearly fell over when I saw SJ's price myself yesterday. I assumed then he'd be a non runner due to price being so big, but you lads haves covered off the rationale nicely here.
I'm tempted to avail of some of that 3/1 as it's a massive price regardless of ground.

What happens an Antepost bet if the meeting is abandoned? (Never had this before).

Is Outlander an intended runner does anyone know?
Had a feeling the 3/1 was too good to be true [emoji848]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Having an average 9/1 about an even money shot is actually quite stressful. Like, it's gone perfect for the bet - just waiting for something to go wrong. It's either gonna get called off or Cue Card is gonna come back to form.

I can't touch Sizing John in this and despite thinking Bristol De Mai has his perfect conditions I'm pi55ed with myself for not backing him weeks ago when I intended to, so at the prices I'm going to let my heart rule my head (to an extent) and back Cue Card 7/2 ante post - just in case they decide to pull SJ on account of the ground.

He went off 5/2 - to BDM's 6/1 - in the Charlie Hall and but for the fall who knows. He's a three time winner of the race, twice in soft ground & last time in similar conditions to what look likely this w/e and his run at Ascot at the start of the year proved that on that type of surface and when he stands up, he's still capable of top class form or at least was 9 months ago !

My thoughts entirely I backed Cue Card Monday night.

Great news for Might Bite King George backers :ninja:

His alternate target is now the JD on 10th Dec so with no bonus to chase you’d have to think they’d be against travelling andturning him out again two weeks later.

Fox Norton still double figures for anybody interested.

Shrewd move Tiggers :)

Last edited:
Pretty serious rain fall over night and all day in Kildare/Dublin area so not surprised they changed their minds.
has Jessie had a runner in Haydock since Space Trucker won the there 20 years ago

Last edited:
You can bet 1 million she couldn't get him right for Saturday and instead of admitting her failure she used the ground as an excuse.

Since when did Sizing John not go on heavy ground? He ran 3 times in 6 weeks twice on heavy winning the last of them and finishing 2nd to Douvan in the 2nd race

BDM is as ordinary as they come and Cue Card is over the hill........tough opposition my ass.

She wants tough opposition she get much tougher in the JD if Yorkhill Djakadam or UDS turn up....

Last edited:
Having an average 9/1 about an even money shot is actually quite stressful. Like, it's gone perfect for the bet - just waiting for something to go wrong. It's either gonna get called off or Cue Card is gonna come back to form.

I'm in a similar position not quite as good but worked myself a strong antepost positon in the stayers hurdle so I'm thinking its 1.01 to get abandoned.

He's actually been declared....unless someone is taking the **** on twitter. Scratch that....someone being dick on twitter. 6 Dec'd race re-opened.

Last edited:
Back