2018 Gold Cuppin'

He's plenty of boot too. Would be slightly worried how he travels in the early stages.

Hopefully the likes of Kevin Blake keeps talking him up as a speed horse or he does something unusual fto.

id love to have a bigger wedge on him but he is priced as if he has achieved something of note outside of novice company

Might Bite Sizing John and Yorkhill all getting there unbeaten for the season would be one of the best Gold Cups in the races history.

tbh trying to imagine them getting Yorkhill off the bridle is very difficult..Surely Mullins must let him take his chance?

Might Bite Sizing John and Yorkhill all getting there unbeaten for the season would be one of the best Gold Cups in the races history.

tbh trying to imagine them getting Yorkhill off the bridle is very difficult..Surely Mullins must let him take his chance?

Yorkhill is a queer yoke. If those two were in opposition you'd be happy to take him on.

Hopefully the likes of Kevin Blake keeps talking him up as a speed horse or he does something unusual fto.

id love to have a bigger wedge on him but he is priced as if he has achieved something of note outside of novice company

He's a retard price for a Gold Cup. I'd want 10/1 minimum to even consider him. Massive stamina doubts

Last edited:
He's a retard price for a Gold Cup. I'd want 10/1 minimum to even consider him. Massive stamina doubts

His price is a shame. Wouldn't say massive stamina doubts. Won his point and his pilot is adamant he is a GC horse

Love the horse but at this stage , would want to see him entered up as opposed as straight into the Lexus

You’d need to add the Mullins factor into the price too. He could end up anywhere really. He’s been talking about Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase and Gold Cup for him plus it looks like he’s had some sort of set back as he’s not been entered up for anything. I’d want 14s plus to consider him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lads.... Give over. York hill will NOT win a gold cup. Way too free,.way too head strong, way too crazy.... Only room for one mad ******* and that's the Biter!!

Last edited:

His price is a shame. Wouldn't say massive stamina doubts. Won his point and his pilot is adamant he is a GC horse

Love the horse but at this stage , would want to see him entered up as opposed as straight into the Lexus

I know someone who is a bit of an expert in Dosage profiles, which as far as I knew were only used for pointers for 2yo's on the flat. He swears by them as reliable and on that basis he says Yorkhill is built for the job.

Tbh looking at the pair of them we only need Penelope pit stop to turn up and we've got the full cast.

I can just imagine the scene they both come to the last together Yorkhill jumps over the left hand rail Might bite does the funky crab to the right and some old boat on a national prep comes straight down the middle to gub the pair of them.

Last edited:
The horse everyone is ignoring is probably the most likely to come up trumps if stamina becomes an issue is Native River.

Native River wasn't trained for the race last year but this time round it's different.

Laid out for it he's a certainty to go close if he gets there in one piece.

I'd go as far as say 1 might beat him but all 3 of the speedsters to get to him and pass him? Races seldom turn out that way

Bookies are taking no chance offering a lousy 12/1

I think I'm right in saying Timeform recommended Yorkhill ante-post for the Champion Hurdle in their Fifty to Follow book.

Stamina won't be an issue for Yorkhill. The problem is his jumping. I thought they got away with it last year more than anything else. Nowhere to hide in this years Gold Cup though. I'm a Yorkhill fan but I don't see him laying a glove on the front two unless his jumping has improved out of sight.

You’d need to add the Mullins factor into the price too. He could end up anywhere really. He’s been talking about Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase and Gold Cup for him plus it looks like he’s had some sort of set back as he’s not been entered up for anything. I’d want 14s plus to consider him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yorkhill was working with UDS and Douvan last month. He has had a two race prep for Cheltenham the last two years so I'd say there's no need to worry about him being without entries until mid-January.

Agree! Mullins has never been scared to wrap them up in cotton wool if that's what it takes. After Quevega being unseen for a year and coming out fighting fit and lately the pure patience with Faugheen it's like they have never been away.

Our Duke has been back cantering after being operated on for kissing-spines, and is expected to be ready to run soon - though he doesn’t hold the Lexus/Christmas Steeplechase entry.

Given he has no experience at Cheltenham, I wonder if Jessie might run him in the Cotswold Chase. It’s pretty-close to the Irish Gold Cup, but given she has Sizing John as cover in that race, there must be a small chance she will send him over.

Last edited:
I would think Djakadam will go there. Be interesting if they both do can cut each other's throats while Whisper comes and does them both :0)

Actually it's only a slim chance Whisper will turn up as it is not a race Henderson normally targets being so tough a race and too close to the festival for his liking.

No doubt Smad Place will turn up again

Last edited:
I know someone who is a bit of an expert in Dosage profiles, which as far as I knew were only used for pointers for 2yo's on the flat. He swears by them as reliable and on that basis he says Yorkhill is built for the job.

Tbh looking at the pair of them we only need Penelope pit stop to turn up and we've got the full cast.

I can just imagine the scene they both come to the last together Yorkhill jumps over the left hand rail Might bite does the funky crab to the right and some old boat on a national prep comes straight down the middle to gub the pair of them.

YORKHILL (IRE) ch. G, 2010 {23} DP = 1-1-4-6-2 (14) DI = 0.40 CD = -0.50

SIZING JOHN (GB) b. G, 2010 {8-f} DP = 3-0-6-1-0 (10) DI = 1.50 CD = 0.50

MIGHT BITE (IRE) b. G, 2009 {2-h} DP = 1-0-7-8-0 (16) DI = 0.39 CD = -0.38

DENMAN (IRE) br. G, 2000 {4} DP = 0-1-1-6-2 (10) DI = 0.18 CD = -0.90

MOSCOW FLYER (IRE) b. G, 1994 {5} DP = 3-1-6-4-0 (14) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.21

The lower the DI is points to the horse being a stayer, as does a negative CD. I added in Sizing John just to show that Dosage figures don't always work out. SJ should really be a 2 mile chaser.

YORKHILL (IRE) ch. G, 2010 {23} DP = 1-1-4-6-2 (14) DI = 0.40 CD = -0.50

SIZING JOHN (GB) b. G, 2010 {8-f} DP = 3-0-6-1-0 (10) DI = 1.50 CD = 0.50

MIGHT BITE (IRE) b. G, 2009 {2-h} DP = 1-0-7-8-0 (16) DI = 0.39 CD = -0.38

DENMAN (IRE) br. G, 2000 {4} DP = 0-1-1-6-2 (10) DI = 0.18 CD = -0.90

MOSCOW FLYER (IRE) b. G, 1994 {5} DP = 3-1-6-4-0 (14) DI = 1.00 CD = 0.21

The lower the DI is points to the horse being a stayer, as does a negative CD. I added in Sizing John just to show that Dosage figures don't always work out. SJ should really be a 2 mile chaser.

Yeah he'd mentioned the same about Sizing John not really fitting the bill. Like I said its not really my thing or something I'd put too much faith in myself but just thought it worth mentioning. I suppose for those who are on Yorkhill for the Gold cup at least offers a bit of hope that he has a stayers profile.

Back