2018 Gold Cuppin'

Dosage takes no account of a horse's make-up into account. Champagne Fever being a prime example over jumps

Last edited:
I can't recall Champagne Fever ever jumping a fence donning lippy,eyeliner or false lashes :blink:

Thats Don Poli you 2 are talking about ?

Like Digger said, they don't always work out but are a good indicator in most cases. The breeders I believe are all about them. I remember first year Frankel went to stud some Aussies said he's a stayer and thats why they won't even try to send more mares - most likely they didn't watch his Guineas, only his dosage index.

Thats Don Poli you 2 are talking about ?

No, it's a horse Digger, frontrunner and myself had a piece in a while back, called 'Only The Best' - possibly the most ironically-named racehorse of all time...........though he did win a Hexham novice hurdle by 25L, in conditions not too dissimilar to Cork on Sunday.

Otherwise, we're talking about an indolent, bone-idle, expensive-to-be-around, yak........though if he's going to keep posting dosage figures, then I suppose he's making some sort of contribution to the forum.

:lol:

Depending on the number of shares and being so slow I'd be happy with that win .. some are real donkeys and never place :lol:

Back to it, its pretty obvious the form is more relevant than dosage figures.. building a case on top of them when we can rely on the formbook is a waste of time.

Jessie Harrington said today at Fairyhouse fairly certain Sizing John goes for Lexus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bradstocks are apparently looking at either the Cotswold Chase or the Denman at Newbury, as a Gold Cup prep for Coneygree - depending on how quickly he recovers from his wind-op.

Putting aside the fact his breathing is likely not all of the issue with the horse (indeed, if it is any of the issue), he will be needing a new pilot in the Gold Cup, because if all goes well with the Biter between now and March, Nico is a billion to want to get off him, to ride a crock like Coneygree.

So who gets the ride (assuming he makes the race)?

Jonners will surely want to get on Native River, and the only other jockey to ride Coneygree in a race, is Mattie Batchelor, who has a grand total of four rides under Rules in the current season. There could be an utterly-futile spare going for someone.

Surely Yorkhill goes for the 2 miler at lepordstown with Douvan out?? Or die we expect Min or UDS to sub in??

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Coneygree.

So who gets the ride (assuming he makes the race)?

Let's play at being a jockeys agent and assume all jockeys are uninjured and that Douvan is a definite NR :ninja:.

List of possible entries from RP but we all know more than fifty per cent of these won't run

Sizing John Robbie Power

Might Bite Nico De Boinville

Yorkhill R.Walsh ?

Bristol De Mai Daryl Jacob

Thistlecrack Tom Scudamore

Native River Richard Johnson

Our Duke ??

Whisper Davy Russell

Disko Nina ??

Djakadam ??

Road To Respect

Blaklion Gavin Sheehan

Coney Island Mark Walsh

Minella Rocco Barry Geraghty

Coneygree

Cue Card Harry Cobden

Fox Norton Bryan Cooper

Un De Sceaux ??

Valseur Lido D.J.Mullins ?

Definitly Red Danny Cook

Empire Of Dirt ??

Outlander Jack Kennedy

Tea For Two Lizzie Kelly

Vroum Vroum Mag ??

Zabana ??

Acapella Bourgeois ??

Alpha Des Obeaux S W Flanagan

American Noel Fehily

Bellshill ??

Black Hercules ??

Champagne West D J Mullins ??

Cloudy Dream Brian Hughes

More Of That Aidan Coleman

Tiger Roll ??

Un Temps Pour Tout Tom Scudamore if Thistlecrack absent

Total Recall Paul Townend

Waiting Patiently Brian Hughes if Cloudy Dream absent

Not going to try too hard to second guess Willie Mullins so in answer to Grassys question re Coneygree

Sam Twiston Davies looks free ( think Gavin Sheehan will keep ride on Blaklion), Sam Bowen, Harry Skelton, Paddy Brennan, A.P.Heskin, Leighton Aspell, David Bass probably best of the others

No way Richard Johnson gives up the ride on Coneygree in favour of Native River, I'd be amazed if he does. Champions belong with champions.

Speaking of jockeys, how does Ruby plan to turn up at Chelt after a recent injury and in the worst shape possible for a 4-day competition? I don't know how many weeks before he's fully recovered, but surely he needs 3-4 weeks to get into shape and the festival would come too soon. I'll give 50%-50% to make it back on time without him regretting the decision after the first race when tired and realizing he needs to give up the rest of the rides.

No way Richard Johnson gives up the ride on Coneygree in favour of Native River, I'd be amazed if he does. Champions belong with champions.

Just a couple or three problems with that theory, Aughex.

Firstly, Coneygree hasn’t been Johnson’s ride for over two seasons, secondly, the horse has not looked anything like a champion in all his starts this season, and thirdly, NR is a 7yo being prepped specifically for the Gold Cup and who has a future, rather than a horse whose best days look like they have long since passed.

If it comes down to a choice, Johnson sticks with Native River every time.

Speaking of jockeys, how does Ruby plan to turn up at Chelt after a recent injury and in the worst shape possible for a 4-day competition? I don't know how many weeks before he's fully recovered, but surely he needs 3-4 weeks to get into shape and the festival would come too soon. I'll give 50%-50% to make it back on time without him regretting the decision after the first race when tired and realizing he needs to give up the rest of the rides.

i’m not sure on exact timings, but I think the season he had his spleen removed, he didn’t come back until quite close to the Festival, and still booted home winners.

its one thing having the spleen removed and another having a leg injury. Someone can confirm it perhaps but anyways thats why I said 50-50, maybe he will manage but I don't see how he gets into shape without being able to use his legs with only 1-2 weeks before the festival?

We'll see about Coneygree, I don't think Johnson'll miss the chance of getting back on board.

Back