2018 Gold Cuppin'

djak could only manage 3rd here last year as 5/4 fav in a worse renewal, after the same prep run. would worry me a bit.

Can't have Djakadam at all

When he ran 2nd beaten a head by Sizing John you would have to assume the latter was at his best.

Jessica stated she was worried that the race might have sickened Sizing John and left it's mark on him.

That fear was put to rest when he absolutely kicked Djakadam right into touch on his reappearance.

My take is this years form between them will be upheld and Djakadam is of no of danger

Yorkhill ? that's another story if he is 100% but I'll stick with the straight forward straight jumping Sizing John

Can't have Djakadam at all

When he ran 2nd beaten a head by Sizing John you would have to assume the latter was at his best.

Jessica stated she was worried that the race might have sickened Sizing John and left it's mark on him.

You have to assume Djakadam was at his best? Why.

I have SJ as leg 5 of a 5 timer paying 12.5/1 so happy enough with that but will back Yorkhill as insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race fit and no nonsense SJ has to get the vote but am dying to see what Yorkie finds if pushed.

he could be a superstar, SJ already is.

RW is probably worth a few lengths on Yorkie, him and PT looked like kryptonite together at Aintree a few years back.

intrigued to see how he is ridden

You have to assume Djakadam was at his best? Why.

What I was saying is you would have to believe Sizing John was at his best when Djakadam ran him to a neck....if you are backing Djakadam to reverse place.

I reckon SJ had had enough for the season and that is why Djak got so close to him

I don't think either were at their best that day. I'm not backing Djakadam to reverse, I'm backing him each way because 9/1 is too big.

Puzzling very. Sizing John was on an off day, Yorkhill's tactics were strange and maybe Ruby missing was a factor. Djakadam made a couple of mistakes and the rest were left to fight it out. R2R is a nice horse but Balco Des Flos holds the form down hugely.

Puzzling very. Sizing John was on an off day, Yorkhill's tactics were strange and maybe Ruby missing was a factor. Djakadam made a couple of mistakes and the rest were left to fight it out. R2R is a nice horse but Balco Des Flos holds the form down hugely.

I’d put a line through Yorkhill. Mullins horses running like drains particularly today.

The winner may be underestimated.

townend just cannot settle yorkhill it seems. let him have his head today rather than fight it and that tame finish was always on the cards.

sizing john and djakadam too bad to be true although the latter might be very much on the wane now.

A number of points.

1)The John Durkan obviously took way more out of SJ & Djak than most expected. Two ultra consistent horses toiling 3 out.

2)Secondly, Yorkhill is not a 3miler and should not be considered as one. He is going a gear faster than he should be and will end up in the champion chase.

3)Road to Respect is a serious horse. Out of the family of Road to Riches he will go close come come March.

4)Mite Bite loves all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't think Djak is forever gone, but his old jumping errors returned and made him lose a ton of ground late in the race.

Overall the staying chase division continues with a bunch of average horses, no superstars emerging on the scene since Don Cossack retired and the only talent Might Bite is having fun when racing either stopping, idling or falling.

Back