2018 Gold Cuppin'

Granger your never ending love affair with the lesser spotted Disko has been one of my favourite things since joining Talking Horses but probably because it reminds me of similar instances with myself in years gone by :lol:

Nicholls thinks he “may” be over-priced, DO......which somewhat less equivocal than your own position, no?

I’d have been more convinced if he’d said he thought SDR would have won last year, if only he had taken the race a bit more seriously! :cool:

Me too, obviously, but he'd leave himself open to criticism if he put that comment out there.

As for "may be" overpriced, I recall he once said one of his horse "might have a chance of being placed" just before it won a handicap by about twenty lengths and afterwards said he thought it was a certainty. Wish I could remember the name of the horse, though.

I dont recall the handicap winner, but I do remember him rubbishing the chance of Cenkos, about 15 minutes before it won the Tingle Creek.

Shrewd or Clueless? You decide! :lol:

Ken Pitterson only gave SDR a passing mention in the Weekender as looking burly and this being a satisfactory comeback.

However, the race analyst in the form book was more positive:

... two places and not much more than 3l behind Native River in last season's Gold Cup, hadn't seen action since a halfway fall in the Grand National and was said to be in desperate need of a run. Layers were mostly unmoved by this ultimately well held third, and there is still plenty of 66/1 about him in the Gold Cup market. It's worth noting, however, that eight of his nine career wins have been gained after breaks of six weeks or fewer, so, although no match for a pair of evidently more forward rivals over the final three obstacles here, this proper workout just under five weeks before a return to Prestbury Park ought to have pleased connections greatly. A sounder surface, should it arise, may yet see him run Native River far closer.

Did they even hint that Conegree was going to miss the race after he missed the Denman?

They come across as dreamers?...That's a question because I am only going by impressions I get

Maybe AP isn't the best judge in the world but he was very complimentary about Native River and how he kept quickening all the way up the straight.

He has more right than any horse in the race to improve being just turned 8 years old and what a season he had as a 7 year old.

With the right man on board, normal improvement and a little juice Might Bite and co are going to have to go some to peg this fella back.

What I like about him is he is totally unperturbed by other horses and just gets on with it

I haven't backed him yet but will do on the day rain or shine obviously, preferably the former.

Anyone who has backed Coney Island for the Gold Cup must be pleased to see the decs for Ascot. Every chance he’ll be found wanting for pace against some of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking contest if they all go but agree about pace..for the sake of his fans I hope he doesn't try and gove Top Notch 10 lengths.

Others like Frodo and Cue Card have a chance but Traffic Fluide.......Gary Moore is over facing him to the hilt for some reason.

Might help if he had a decent jockey without the name Moore for a surname but family comes first I suppose.

Joe Tizzard wasn't much better but there are exceptions.....like Aiden and Joseph, Peter and Sons...NTD and STD are all good combinations on merit

Will someone explain to me how this market works. Total Recall 20/1 best price for the Gold Cup 14's in places.... I don't understand.

Will someone explain to me how this market works. Total Recall 20/1 best price for the Gold Cup 14's in places.... I don't understand.

The 20s is with Winner & Boylesports. Don’t think they’re NRNB.
Same for Sportingbet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back