2018 Gold Cuppin'

Possible that he thinks MB is better right-handed.......or perhaps less prone to high-jinks going right-handed. He also sent other potential Gold Cup horses (Barbers Shop one example) for the same race, instead of other options.

Whatever the reason, it’s a massive fu*cking cop-out. Strikes me that all the eggs are going into the King George basket.

Also agree that announcing this exclusively via the offices of a bookmaker*, is a little sinister.

* Taylor’s Port website would have been more apt.

Last edited:
Are we convinced SJ will be the same horse this year, and even if he is will that be good enough. As an MB backer I'm way more worried about Our Duke with regards to Cheltenham.

Prediction: Thistlecrack wins Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury, and is targeted at Stayers rather than Gold Cup.

I heard all this flim-flam before the RSA and he still hacked-up by a country-nose. He will pull the King George field apart, and kill more promising-careers than Harvey Weinstein, in the process.

The Dook will take advantage of The Biter’s wayward tendencies in the Gold Cup, and out-stay him, but The Biter is good for the forecast. You’ll need the Hubble to find the rest of them.

:cool:

Last edited:
Hoping Singlefarmpayment will pay Un Temps Pour Tout (50/1) a nice Gold Cup compliment either this weekend or in the Hennessy, or both.

But so far i'm not unhappy with MB at 14/1 either.

Last edited:
Many horses get to the stage where they just can't a race against above average horses and that is a huge worry with Coneygree.

I certainly would be having my last 50p on him for the Charlie Hall considering this time last year Cue Card beat him out of sight by along looking 15 lengths

Blacklion is also a tough horse to beat when he is right.....2/1 is shocking value about Coneygree

Coneygree fto last year looked awesome while CC got beat. I'd say their odds are ok but given that both are older and with question marks I'd go with Bristol De Mai who's been ready to go for weeks, now will most likely get his ground and he's the only one I see that could have improve over the summer to overcome CC and Coneygree.

This is strictly a prep race for BDM and both Cue Card and Sil Conti have been beaten in this before winning at Haydock.

Speaking of Munir horses, I was re-watching the Festival yesterday and my initial impression on first watching back in March was that Disko was the one to take of the JLT, and he was. But jesus Top Notch would have gone very close if he'd not been poor at the second last. He's a big price on the exchanges for the Ryanair.

But jesus Top Notch would have gone very close if he'd not been poor at the second last. He's a big price on the exchanges for the Ryanair.

He would have got as 'close' without the mistake.

Though you could see him running very well in that race.

Last edited:
Back