2018 Gold Cuppin'

Djakadam's season probably depends more on the fitness of Douvan and Min (and, maybe, American Tom and VVM).

Last edited:
Of the 2-milers, I suspect Min is the one they might up in trip. I can't see them shifting Douvan immediately, and Min marginally less head-strong than GF, who runs too free to be free to be tackling longer trips at this stage*.

* This heavily-influenced by my 25's about GF in the QMCC.

"More of That, Holywell, Albertas Run all budding stable stars 3 canters short of a gallop have started out their season in the Colin Parker Memorial Intermediate Chase at Carlisle but this time Jonjo decides to send Minella Rocco across the water for a 23k prize instead of an easy 15k just up the motorway"

You can bet your a$$ he's fit and ready and will take some beating

He's certainly massively favoured by the weights, that's for sure.

The 2/1 would look a proper price, if it was running for anyone but Jonjo.

This is a good horse-I expect him to win a Grade 1 this season.

Any word on how they intend to campaign him in terms of trip, Like? Presumably it will either be the JN Wines over 3m or the Belfast Chase over 2m4f in Down Royal next time?

Last edited:
Holds an entry in the JNwines

In which case, I will be severely disappointed if The Dook doesn’t comfortably despatch him.

RTR strikes me as a little bit like his close namesake Road To Riches and also Valseur Lido......undoubtedly talented, but maybe a little bit tripless, against the best of the G1 performers.

RTR strikes me as a little bit like his close namesake Road To Riches and also Valseur Lido......undoubtedly talented, but maybe a little bit tripless, against the best of the G1 performers.

Florida Pearl without all the jizz.

i think he'll need a trip. Probably short of top class but will win his share of €€€€

I presumed Meade would give him a Ryanair campaign -stepping up to 3 miles today was a real statement of intent.Meade spoke very highly of him in the post race interviews but hinted that The Maze might come too soon.Personally I would like to see him have one more race before Christmas -avoid the big Leopardstown races and either go to Cheltenham fresh or have a prep at Gowran or Fairyhouse.When it comes to the festival there is nothing like previous festival winning form.

I'm a little cautious about the form of yesterday's race, with the rag beating the rest of the field home. They're all better judged next time out, I reckon.

I'm a little cautious about the form of yesterday's race, with the rag beating the rest of the field home. They're all better judged next time out, I reckon.

Yep 100%

Some of them won't have been wound up at all

If GIGI send poor Meade down the ryanair route with one of his fancied horses again, he'll surely hit the bottle

Seems like Nicky has announced via Unibet that Might Bite won't go to Haydock. Be interesting to know when Unibet knew and whether they took any bets on Might Bite.

"IT'S great to be back in action for a brand new jumps season. I know it started the Monday after Sandown in April but this is when the racing really steps into gear and if this campaign goes as well as last, we’re in for a great ride! The horses have summered well and once we get some rain I hope to get plenty more out over the next month or so.

Many people are keen to know where MIGHT BITE will make his seasonal debut and I can confirm exclusively to Unibet that he will NOT run in the Betfair Chase at Haydock and instead will head to Sandown for the Listed Future Stars Intermediate Chase on November 12th, which obviously rules him out of the £1million Jockey Club bonus. We feel this race is the slightly easier option, as we have big aims later in the season, which include the King George and ultimately the Gold Cup. He’s summered very well and is in great form but I don’t want him having a hard race first time out, therefore this seems the sensible option to kick off with."

Considering it's worth the same money as the King George and there will be no Douvan or Thistlecrack to contend with then his decision is hard to understand.

That said Nicky who thinks Cheltenham 90% of the time has never been in a rush to get his stars out so it's hard to knock him

Back