2018 Gold Cuppin'

In giving the 159-rated Blaklion 6lbs and a beating – probably value for more – Bristol De Mai probably did what I was hoping to see him do in the Gold Cup. On that form he still wouldn’t have won but a place at 33/1 would have been a real possibility.

Did I back him today?

Did I fvck.

In giving the 159-rated Blaklion 6lbs and a beating – probably value for more – Bristol De Mai probably did what I was hoping to see him do in the Gold Cup. On that form he still wouldn’t have won but a place at 33/1 would have been a real possibility.

Did I back him today?

Did I fvck.

Now yer taking the p!ss :lol: You back him in the Gold Cup but when he runs in a race he can win you don't??

Did I back him today?

Did I fvck.

Must be pleased with the Go Conquer win for Un Temps form?

She mentioned antibiotics for him Tanlic afterwards.

he looked too big to me in the parade ring. There are big tanks and there are those who look like they will need a run

Coneygree came back with a large gash just above the hoof.

Radio 5 said connections blamed the 'low sun'. Paddy Brennan also. Thought Cue Card was carrying his head high for a few fences before the fall, which could almost see coming. He didn't look comfortable.

Agreed GG I don't often worry with top class seasoned chasers when it comes to jumping but I never felt comfortable watching him at any stage

Might Bite entered in the 188Bet Future Stars' Chase at Sandown on Sunday, possible opponents include Top Notch, Shantou Village and Frodon.

Last edited:
I just don't get it.

If he wants to keep a lid on him, them running him over 2m4f hardly seems the way to go about it, given he goes off like a scalded cat regardless. If he doesn't want to give him a (potentially) hard race in the Betfair, it feels like he's running scared of a proper race, which makes no sense, given MB is clearly one of the best stayers around.

I reckon he is going to treat Sandown like a racecourse gallop. Nothing more than an outing to put him spot-on for Kempton, with no real pretensions to winning the race. If it does the intended job, then I'll be the last one to complain, but it does feel like a bit of a cop-out.

The Gold Cup winner will think he is in against Douvan again, when he meets the Biter for the first time.

Not sure it's hugely significant, archie. All those runs came at less than 2m4f, which is clearly too short for him......which makes his starting-point this season, all the more bizarre!

Back