2022 Grand National

Would have been a waste of time and money

Gordon Elliott believes the legendary veteran remains the one to beat in this month's Glenfarclas Cross Country if retaining most of his old ability.

If yuo believe that you'll believe anything. IF he retained most of his old ability he would still be in the National.

Place lay of the meeting IMO.

Last edited:
The 2021-22 UK National Hunt season started at Cheltenham 30th April and runs until Bet365 day at Sandown.

Until 2013 it started at Ludlow on the day after the Bet365 chase.

Can remember when it started at Newton Abbot on a Saturday in late July/ beginning of August followed by meeting at Devon & Exeter on the Bank Holiday Monday. All the jockeys used to spend the weekend in Torquay and on the Sunday there would be a cricket match between the South West Raing Club and the jockeys.

Took 40/1 cloudy Glen w.hill NRNB
And Mount ida 25/1 boosted to 27+ hills nrnb.i take on board what Euro says about jumping right but it won the kim Muir.

QUOTES: After I schooled DELTA WORK the other day I said to my brother that I might be the most hated man in Cheltenham on Wednesday evening, and I was right. He's been very disappointing all year but the switch to this cross country race has rejuvenated him. All of the schooling and everything was brilliant and I'm delighted. DELTA WORK is after getting a new lease of life. He hasn't been travelling as well as he's travelled today and maybe he's got sick of it, but this has really lit him up. He's in the Grand National, and I would hope I'd be on him - Jack Kennedy, jockey

If the O'Learys are correct in Tiger Roll being badly handicapped, doesn't that put Delta Work too high off 160?

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the price and the fact that PP goes short at 10/1. It could be a good ground National so not unreasonable for a classy top-weight winner.

Last edited:
Yes. I look at races differently from you. I don't see how this can off 14/1.

In terms of the possible SP, fair enough, but Tiger Roll would have hated the ground last week and the third was rated 138. Even at 1lb per length (which I couldn't justify when the final time was over a minute slow) it only puts DW in the high 150s compared to his mark of 160. The winner will need to be at least 10lbs better than its mark.

Right now I just can't see it, to be honest.

In terms of the possible SP, fair enough, but Tiger Roll would have hated the ground last week and the third was rated 138. Even at 1lb per length (which I couldn't justify when the final time was over a minute slow) it only puts DW in the high 150s compared to his mark of 160. The winner will need to be at least 10lbs better than its mark.

Right now I just can't see it, to be honest.

He's been rated 170. It's not like it's a stretch that he could run to that around there.

I see that now, Slim. I don't understand why it wasn't in my records.

That said, the form last week is more in line with its form since Feb 2020.

I suppose it's possible that when it was beaten in the Gold Cup they decided to see what mark they could get into the 2022 National with.

Right now, I'm not convinced but at least it's on my radar now!

I'm still keener on the list I put up a while back.

Back