A library of horses to lay

Lord Henry 1.6 is worth taking on - He is now at the veteran stage of his career and was comfortably btn over 3L L/T/O by a horse rated 118 giving him 4lb, He's run 3 times at the track and only ran well on the one occasion. I think The Polomoche is his big danger having won F/T/O every year he raced, is only 8yo and will like the going although those stats were for N.Hendreson. Also Lord Ryeford could run well now back with Tom George.
Lord Henry is always liable to make a bad jumping error but being a Hunter Chase rather than back something against Lord Henry I'd rather have all the field on my side.

Lord Henry 1.6 is worth taking on - He is now at the veteran stage of his career and was comfortably btn over 3L L/T/O by a horse rated 118 giving him 4lb, He's run 3 times at the track and only ran well on the one occasion. I think The Polomoche is his big danger having won F/T/O every year he raced, is only 8yo and will like the going although those stats were for N.Hendreson. Also Lord Ryeford could run well now back with Tom George.
Lord Henry is always liable to make a bad jumping error but being a Hunter Chase rather than back something against Lord Henry I'd rather have all the field on my side.

also prefers going righthanded..i'll join you in the lay

Last edited:
Think that Lord Henry is worth laying in the 19:40 Aintree - hasn't done much in this sphere beating a non-stayer at Exeter and the form of his Cheltenham run (beaten at short odds) was hardly advertised by the performance of Silver Adonis yesterday. He's won 7 races in his career but none have been going left-handed, his chief rival has shown useful form in points when chasing home the very useful Surenaga (military race winner at Sandown and also winner of the P2P equivalent of the Gold Cup) and that run looks better than it appears on paper as the second and third are both fairly useful whilst The Polomoche himself was a decent enough horse under rules for Nicky Henderson.

Lay Lord Henry @ 1.66
Back The Polomoche @ 4.6

That will do for me though think we all owe Lord Henry a drink or two for his more than ponderous fencing.

Think that Lord Henry is worth laying in the 19:40 Aintree - hasn't done much in this sphere beating a non-stayer at Exeter and the form of his Cheltenham run (beaten at short odds) was hardly advertised by the performance of Silver Adonis yesterday. He's won 7 races in his career but none have been going left-handed, his chief rival has shown useful form in points when chasing home the very useful Surenaga (military race winner at Sandown and also winner of the P2P equivalent of the Gold Cup) and that run looks better than it appears on paper as the second and third are both fairly useful whilst The Polomoche himself was a decent enough horse under rules for Nicky Henderson.

Lay Lord Henry @ 1.66
Back The Polomoche @ 4.6

Sorry Martin I feel like I've stolen your thunder I had no idea you had already put this up - well done mate - I'd like to think great minds think alike

Cheers EC - hoping to find some more short priced lays in the next few weeks, I know Luke especially loves them.

Personally prefer a "lay and play" strategy, laying a short one and backing one at a bigger price (tbh it's not normally the second fav) so all the sweets if I'm spot on and half the sweets if I'm only partially right.

Not sure about bringing maidens into the thread as its a bit of guess for the future..but..today I just can't see how dropping Fiorente back to 10f is a wise move in the 1.25 Newb. Got outpaced over 11f last time and is likely to again here..as this will only be run at maiden pace early and is a furlong less ..i would have thought a step up to 12 was more in line with what they expect from this one judged by future entries.

The 2nd fav looks a better bet to me..throw in about 5 more potential winners here and 1.85 looks very skinny for the fav

In the 3.00 Bangor..Fishoutofwater needs taking on at 1.7.

Hopelessley outpaced over 2miles for a number of runs..was then stepped up to 3 miles and beat a stayer late on in the race. Today back at 2m4f in a race with little obvious pace is going to struggle

miight as well make it a hatrick of winners :)

I don't think Neebras [4.35] wants this fast ground..edged left under pressure last July..and ran a shocker last time on it..layed it at 1.71

Last edited:
Delighted to see Neebras bounce back - a colt I have high hopes for. Same with Elzaam yesterday..

I've laid France in Eurovision. I know it's not a horse but I didn't see a thread in the General section.

3.3 seems awful short to me.

Thawaabet (Navan 5.15)

Not one for the library as this will be the best chance to take her own at a short price. She is priced up on connections but works very ordinary. Laying her at 2/1 is a gift.

Thawaabet (Navan 5.15)

Not one for the library as this will be the best chance to take her own at a short price. She is priced up on connections but works very ordinary. Laying her at 2/1 is a gift.

Beaten 21.5 lengths @ SP 5/1. Could have been laid as low as 6/4 this morning. She is absolute garbage and won't be winning any maiden this year.

I'm takng on Franklino 2:20 N.Abbott, he showed signs with his jumping l/t/o of a horse who may of had one race too many for the season that coupled with the fact he has yet to win.

First contribution to thread.Every time Ramses de Marcigny has run he has been volatile in the betting-even though he has won a couple of races.He has skipped the opening novice to run in the handicap at 320.
My interpretation is that Nicholls thinks he is useless and his time at the stable is limited.
The betting on him is always volatile but in my book he is a max place lay at 6/4.

Back