A library of horses to lay

good stuff

here's another one for you to back Hamm ;)

5.50 Killarney ALPINE EAGLE @ 2.5

Apart from the fact its the first run over the big ones..there are a couple of things against the horse.

The jockey has a record of 2/99 in chases over the last 5 years..the trainer is 0/51 at the course

2m1f on Good here could also be sharp for the horse as demonstrated by the last win being over 2m4..and then beaten 4/6 fav when asked to go shorter afterwards.

All in all..looks a struggler to me at this sort of price

going to put up Leopard Hills in the 6.10

trading at 2.2

well beaten last twice he has met fast ground and is giving a lot of weight away here..only a 4yo

on RPR's has nothing in hand here as well

aye..pity about the other one :)

every horse ran below form bar the 100/1 shot who nearly went down at the last..still don't think that winner wants the ground..

Goodwood 4:55 - I'm laying the first three in the market in this race - Miss Mediator 3/1 Panoptic 7/2 & I Hate To Lose 4/1 - It's very difficult for horse drawm outwide to win on good fast ground over 7f at this track as the tight right hand bend comes early in the race. Horses have to use a lot of energy early in the race to get a good position and would have to be a lot better than their opposition to be victorious. By laying all three this also minimalises any loss but I would expect the winner to be drawn in a single figure stall.

Anything ridden by Miss D Quinlan, if ye haven't seen it, her ride on Morning Ireland in the bumper at Punchestown. .

Goodwood 4:55 - I'm laying the first three in the market in this race - Miss Mediator 3/1 Panoptic 7/2 & I Hate To Lose 4/1 - It's very difficult for horse drawm outwide to win on good fast ground over 7f at this track as the tight right hand bend comes early in the race. Horses have to use a lot of energy early in the race to get a good position and would have to be a lot better than their opposition to be victorious. By laying all three this also minimalises any loss but I would expect the winner to be drawn in a single figure stall.

well done.

I've laid Goldikova at 1.79. I just think 9f combined with soft(ish) ground isn't really her cup of tea.

There are 3 short ones tonight and i think all are vulnerable

6.45 Oceana Gold 1.98...even when at best over hurdles was beaten at short odds a fair bit..now chasing..another big question ?
7.00 Sir Tamburlane..2.66 ...... poor sire over jumps and on the ground
7.30 Currahee...1.82 ....ground issues in spades imo

Last edited:
Brunston, in the 8.15 at Huntingdon, also looks poor value at 4/7. It seems that even after a wind operation he didn't find much off the bridle last time, although he did win. The runner up has won twice since, but that could be flattering because those races were over a different trip.

Kidlat had similar ability to Brunston on the flat and, unlike many recruits to jumping from the flat, his flat rating has not been deteriorating.

Romeo Montague - he has decided in his last 2 races to veer off left-handed when he looked like holding a winning chance. Typical Montjeu, apparently by all accounts hes a very naughty boy at home too - his favourite game is to get rid of the rider while squealing, whipping round & bucking. Hes big enough to go hurdling but I'm get the feeling he'd soon cotton on that its harder work and may not jump off. Amusing though!

good call Grey last night

6.20 Old Brigade - 2.9..beaten when fav after a break before even when McCoy was on..career high mark

6.30 Elmaam - 1.3...Sire not so good now and progeny also not keen going RH

6.10 Bacher Boy - 3.25 ground gone against this one..at least a stone below his best if not getting fast ground.

6.30 Magic City - 2.08..the ground is getting slower here with the heavy showers..sire is poor with give and MC has beeen beaten on a stiff track before..albeit by a decent horse..this race is always a tough one to win

Last edited:
Some good shouts there.

I was surprised how much Simply Smashing still had after the last, Eimear's Oscar was favourite in running for most of the race.

Caraboss won very nicely and could be useful.

Back