A library of horses to lay

Good stuff EC :)

Would have said Hoo La Baloo as a big lay in the opener at Stratford - recent form not up to much but sadly a bit bigger than I'd anticipated.

Pistolet Noir looks prime lay material on his chasing debut today. He'd looked useful enough early on in his career for Nick Williams but went right off the boil after moving to the yard of Paul Nicholls as a 3yo. He's been very disappointing since save for one decent placed effort off 135 at Aintree in April 2010, he takes on another disappointing type in Tarkari who's last win came back in Ireland for his previous trainer off 115. Personally I'll be taking the pair of them on with the Donald McCain trained Al Qeddaaf who ran some decent enough races as a novice prior to being well beaten on his handicap debut last month including a victory under a penalty at Haydock last November. He's entitled to improve for that Bangor effort (his first since November 2010) and was thought good enough to contest an Aintree Grade 1 Juvenile 13 months ago in which he finished fifth to Orsippus.

Lay: Pistolet Noir @ 2.26 (20:15 Cartmel)
Back: Al Qeddaaf @ 4.9 (20:15 Cartmel)

Last edited:
On unfamiliar ground here but I think I've found a couple worth opposing.

NAQSHABBAN Newmarket 2.50 showed signs of a dodgy temperament when shy of the stalls at Sandown and a doubt about him getting the extra two furlongs suggest that 11/8 is too short.

PINK SAPPHIRE Haydock 4.45 forecast 11/10, owned by Tabor & Co., trained by Hannon and ridden by Ryan Moore and well bred. But he is unraced, the ones that have run don't look brilliant but 11/10 is very short.

On unfamiliar ground here but I think I've found a couple worth opposing.

NAQSHABBAN Newmarket 2.50 showed signs of a dodgy temperament when shy of the stalls at Sandown and a doubt about him getting the extra two furlongs suggest that 11/8 is too short.

PINK SAPPHIRE Haydock 4.45 forecast 11/10, owned by Tabor & Co., trained by Hannon and ridden by Ryan Moore and well bred. But he is unraced, the ones that have run don't look brilliant but 11/10 is very short.

N stopped as though shot 2 out..good one Colin ;)

whilst the match is on i've left a lay on Pistolet Noir in the 8.15..2.16 on betfair

a muddling pace here and this one has disappointed at odds on before..either of the other two look to have just as good a chance to me..particularly Al Qeddaff who will probably lead

Pistolet Noir looks prime lay material on his chasing debut today. He'd looked useful enough early on in his career for Nick Williams but went right off the boil after moving to the yard of Paul Nicholls as a 3yo. He's been very disappointing since save for one decent placed effort off 135 at Aintree in April 2010, he takes on another disappointing type in Tarkari who's last win came back in Ireland for his previous trainer off 115. Personally I'll be taking the pair of them on with the Donald McCain trained Al Qeddaaf who ran some decent enough races as a novice prior to being well beaten on his handicap debut last month including a victory under a penalty at Haydock last November. He's entitled to improve for that Bangor effort (his first since November 2010) and was thought good enough to contest an Aintree Grade 1 Juvenile 13 months ago in which he finished fifth to Orsippus.

Lay: Pistolet Noir @ 2.26 (20:15 Cartmel)
Back: Al Qeddaaf @ 4.9 (20:15 Cartmel)

I think that went ok :)

Fair play Martin -I thought Pistolet would win but when he went odds on I laid him-was the catalyst for a nice nights punting after being at a family function all day.

Caught the bug, haven't I?

TRANSFER 5/2 fav. for the last at Nottingham, has only won once in 17 runs and that was three years ago on the Polytrack at Lingfield. Ran a decent enough race at Warwick about a fortnight ago but that seems to be a blip. There must be something in the field good enough to beat him.

Tempted to suggest INETROBIL Redcar 2.30 on the basis she is too short for a racecourse debutant, but of the ones that have run only Angel Kiss would be running for you, so I'll give it a miss.

Going to lay Beau Fighter in the 2:20 Cartmel at odds-on - He comes here in good form from the all-weather but has been a bit of a monkey and also shown a preference for cut over hurdles - I know the Twiston-Davies and Noel Wilson horse are fancied to run well so worth taking on imo.

Good call, Chef.

I'm going to suggest a couple of forecast favourites who could come to grief today.

KLYNCH Hamilton 3.40, he's off a mark 18lbs. higher than when he won over this course in early May. There are a couple running for me including Supreme Spirit so 13/8, in my opinion, is too short.

ILLAUNGLASS Lingfield 4.20 it always seems worth considering taking on unraced 2-y-os when they are on offer at 6/5. They don't always get beat as we saw at Redcar earlier this week with Inetrobil but today we have at least a couple running for us, Worth in particular who will appreciate the sixth furlong today.

Got lucky with Klynch, he got stuck in the stalls but still managed to beat my fancy!!! , which was Dandy's Supreme Spirit who finished last. Askaud, also trained by Dandy and the favourite in the following race also finished last. Not a lot of evidence to jump to conclusions on but is there a problem at the yard??

Illaunglass, the other lay I suggested was backed off the boards.....well in to 8/15 and won well enough without being that impressive.

7.30 Miss Lahar ..1.8

Plenty of oppo here imo..Luv U Forever main chance of actually winning..but Balm isn't either..throw in Mae Row cottage and 1.8 doesn't look value for the fav. The sire's progeny disappoint when short odds as well..which doesn't bode well either.

Back