A little system for the Festival

The Saint James 4.40 first time hood or tongue tie, what does HT1 mean ? If first time tongue tie doesn't qualify

Bouvreuil 4.40 first time hood or tongue tie, what does HT1 mean ? If first time tongue tie doesn't qualify

According to the RP:
TSJ wore a tongue strap for the 1st time on his latest run.
B wore a first-time hood latest run.
Neither is shown to have worn the opposing headgear previously, though both carry the same notification, viz; st1.
Make of that what you will. :)

Well that was a good start :whistle: - 40.00

Tomorrow's qualifiers as far as I can see

Blackmail 2.40 first time hood

Dell'Arca 2.40 first time blinkers

Arabian Revolution 4.40 first time blinkers

The Saint James 4.40 first time hood or tongue tie, what does HT1 mean ? If first time tongue tie doesn't qualify 3rd 33-1

Bouvreuil 4.40 first time hood or tongue tie, what does HT1 mean ? If first time tongue tie doesn't qualify 2nd 14-1

Modus 5.15 first time hood 2nd 33-1

System now +£57.00

Last edited:
Tomorrow's qualifiers

Colour Squadron 1.30 first time blinkers

Knight Of Noir 2.05 first time visor

Aqalim 2.05 first time visor

Bygones Sovereign 2.05 first time blinkers

Uxizandre 2.40 first time visor

At Fishers Cross 3.20 1st time blinkers

The Package 4.40 1st time blinkers

Sixty Something first time blinkers

Last edited:
I know this dog of a thing The Nephew I won and lost a fair few bob on him...he's another Butlers Cabin....Head problem...but then Jonjo did win with him at the Festival.

If you can get about 50 on the machine he could be worth a back to lay I suppose........He'll travel well and jumps brilliantly but if he's pressured duck!!! as your very likely to get hit on the head with a mothercare rattle.

Horse has bags of ability if his jockey can kid him into using it.........The jockey rode a winner recently for Jonjo so he should be ok.

What has been added for the first time ..A baseball bat?:lol:

The Nephew is for the other system based on Jonjo's runners running over 3m at the Festival, not the added headgear system

Here's another little "system" for you. Jonjo has had 23 winners at the Festival this century, 15 of them over a distance of 3m or further. A £1 level stake bet on these 15 horses would have returned £189.88.

Last edited:
I backed Modus today so thanks for that DG! But forgot to back The Saint James [damn]. I've already backed AFC but will probably back Uxizandre [placed last year]. And Double Ross [t1; my this years cliff horse].

Tomorrow's qualifiers

Colour Squadron 1.30 first time blinkers

Knight Of Noir 2.05 first time visor

Aqalim 2.05 first time visor

Bygones Sovereign 2.05 first time blinkers

Uxizandre 2.40 first time visor 1st 16-1

At Fishers Cross 3.20 1st time blinkers

The Package 4.40 1st time blinkers 1st 9-1

Sixty Something first time blinkers

Another profitable day and system is now in profit to £163.25 based on £5 each way stakes

I think some bookies were paying out first 5 on the Pertemps so Aqalim would have been placed.

Loving it DG as a no-thought process sideline ..... happy £189.50 for no mental effort (I wrongly backed Shangani as SL posted b1 !) - doing £10 EW next year :)

Tomorrow's qualifiers

Beltor 1.30 first time hood

Stars Over The Sea 1.30 first time hood

Minella Present 2.05 first time hood NON RUNNER

Tea For Two 2.40 first time hood

Vieux Lion Rouge 4.40 first time blinkers

Bordoni 4.40 first time visor

Grumeti 5.15 first time blinkers

Even if all lose tomorrow, outlay only £60, so guaranteed overall profit for this system again.

Last edited:
Meanwhile the system backing Jonjo's horses over 3m or further at the Festival is -£40 to a £10 win stake and only has one qualifier tomorrow, Holywell in the Gold Cup.

Last edited:
Beltor & Grumeti - fantastic calls, saves me bothering wading thru all the runners - backed em all now a tenner EW. Just the GC (easy for me - big on Conti with Clouds as saver) and 16-00 to look at.

Disappointing day, another day of no returns to go with Tuesday's. Still the middle two days made the system pay and it is up by £130 plus over the four days based on £5ew per horse.

Ladbrokes were paying out 1st four in World Hurdle so At Fishers Cross would have been more profit. Unfortunately I backed it last week so got nothing back.

Trying to pick qualifiers from the RP is a nightmare, lot of errors and confusion on their racecards as to what is being worn first if more than one type of headgear. Timeform is different gravy and very specific in this area although you'd have to add in the cost of subscribing to this information I suppose.

The runners and riders underneath the odds on the oddschecker site seems very clear with that sort of thing [although my computer doesn't like the site and crashes all the time]. I missed two good winners this week by not being thorough enough; The Package [placed last year and headgear] and One the Fringe [placed last year]. Also place money by not keeping up to speed with bookies offers for the day. Thanks for all the info this week; it's been really interesting.

I have absolutely no idea if this system which seems to work at the Cheltenham Festival is profitable or not at Aintree's Grand National meeting as I can't find any stats so I'm just going to log the qualifying horses this year and see where it takes us.

Hostile Fire 2.15 First time hood

Belleros 4.40 First time blinkers

Apache Jack 5.15 First time visor

Please feel free to add any I may have missed, relying on RP cards which aren't easy to interpret in some races

Not sure what the they mean but Enjoy Responsibility, Ulzanas Raid and Kaysersberg have first time somethingorotheron according to the sportinglife [do cheekpieces count?] [what do p,pt and ht mean?]

Last edited:
I checked on this earlier in the week, pretty sure last years stats weren't appealing, one 3rd @ 10/1 out of six horses over the 3 days. To confirm that's blinkers, visor, hood only (ie: excludes first time cheekpieces/tongueties - worse when that thrown in)

Last edited:
Not sure what the they mean but Enjoy Responsibility, Ulzanas Raid and Kaysersberg have first time somethingorotheron according to the sportinglife [do cheekpieces count?] [what do p,pt and ht mean?]

Excludes cheekpieces and toungue ties. p = Cheekpieces, pt = cheekpieces and a tongue tie. ht = hood and a tongue tie

Back