A little system for the Festival

Ballynagour had first time hood I think [it wasn't mentioned on the sporting life card].

Ballynagour had first time hood I think [it wasn't mentioned on the sporting life card].

i think it was the tongue tie that was first time not the hood so wouldn't qualify. Anways Bellenos was fourth at 14-1 so today's P/L would have been - £7.50

He's had a tongue tie for ages so I reckon it was first time headgear. It's clear as mud sometimes trying to work out this stuff from the racecard. I think DP said it was first time headgear as well. someone on racecaller is looking out for first time headgear and he put up Ballynagour 2nd 18/1 h1.

Last edited:
Qualifiers Friday ( I think :confused: )

Pearl Swan 1.40 First time blinkers

Up To Something 4.05 First time hood
Standing Ovation 4.05 First time blinkers

Rushdale 5.15 First time hood

Don't know the answer to that one, I'm afraid, DG.

I've created my own 'system' for the Festival. I call it my 'Lazarus Yankee' to which I've committed the princely sum of £2 each-way to collect £20,626.35.

Hurricane Fly (8/1)
Sprinter Sacre (5/2)
Monksland (14/1)
Bobs Worth (12/1)

I am not recommending anyone follow me in.

Please tell us your "Lazarus Yankee "this year Grassy.
A great name for a multi bet, you should patent it (pardon the pun)

I've had this on, Eddie, prompted by the bumped thread, and you asking:

Holywell (Ultima - 10/1)
MTOY (Champion Hurdle - 8/1)
Champagne Fever (Ryanair - 12/1)
Baily Green (Grand Annual - 25/1)

£1 EW Yankee pays £45,935.25.......or bugger-all, to be more accurate! :)

I've had this on, Eddie, prompted by the bumped thread, and you asking:

Holywell (Ultima - 10/1)
MTOY (Champion Hurdle - 8/1)
Champagne Fever (Ryanair - 12/1)
Baily Green (Grand Annual - 25/1)

£1 EW Yankee pays £45,935.25.......or bugger-all, to be more accurate! :)
I've seen worse grassy but surely sprinter sacre merited inclusion??

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

He's not really one for the bet at 9/2, in against such a hotpot, Beefy. Besides, having won last time out, he is not really a Lazarus horse.

Last edited:
It would be the ultimate lazarus though and the more I look at last year's arkle the more likely it looks!! Best free e/w bet of the festival imo.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Two years ago backing the fifteen horses in first time headgear, excluding first time cheekpieces and tongue ties, returned £750 for a £5 each way bet on each one. I can't find last year's figures but I do remember the "system" returned a profit again and the winners included Jezki, Holywell and Western Warhorse.

Wonder if it will pay again ?

Here we go for this year's qualifiers then :ninja:

Band Of Blood 2.50 1st time blinkers

Audacious Plan 2.50 1st time blinkers

According to Trev 2.50 1st time blinkers

How About It 4.50 1st time blinkers

Waldorf Salad 4.50 1st time hood

Thomas Brown 5.30 1st time blinkers

Anyway we can track horses that have had a wind op since there last run? Seem to remember Cole Harden and Next Sensation obliged at big prices last year?

The current list list so far for The Festival is Peace and Co, Aurore D'Estruval, Carole's Destrier, Lieutenant Colonel, Whisper, Saphir du Rheu and Next Sensation.

This account has started up on Twitter could be a useful source, apparently there are two more tomorrow, whoever runs the account as been asked to leave it until tomorrow before naming them

@WindOps

I fancy Audacious Plan at a price, and also Thomas Brown tomorrow, so I'm not disappointed to see this.

Last edited:

I just checked last years results of those wearing first time headgear excluding tongue ties and cheekpieces.

29 runners - 2 wins 9/1 & 16/1 - 4 places 14/1 twice & 33/1 twice and quick calculation would have resulted in approx £24 profit.

Wipe out -£60 after Day One :blink:

Wednesday's qualifiers

Campeador 4.50 1st time hood

Voix Du Reve 4.50 1st time hood

Doubly Clever 4.50 1st time hood

Keep the faith :ninja:

Done out of a definite winner and a runner up ( don't know which order though I suspect Campeador would have won ) with independent last flight falls from Campeador and Voix De Reve.

Done out of a definite winner and a runner up ( don't know which order though I suspect Campeador would have won ) with independent last flight falls from Campeador and Voix De Reve.

This :lol:

Now -£90, onwards and upwards

Thursday's qualifiers

Flintham 2.10 1st time blinkers

Leave At Dawn 2.10 1st time hood

Fingal Bay 4.10 1st time blinkers

Back