A.P.O'Brien.

You're making a fool of yourself now.

load o bollox Gareth..

is he not Irish then?

Is all this not just a ploy to play up SYT by using a horse like WF to whack his rating up?

i didn't buy into the hype thing from the start..but now it is so clear that there seems a real need to bull this horse up..which is truly bizarre..and quite sad

This horse may not have lived up to my hype, but he has lived up to almost all the hype" in the press, and from Ballydoyle.

He has won 3/4.
He has won 2 Group 1 races.
He has beaten the Derby/Arc winner
He has achieved a RPR of 132
He has achieved a Timeform rating of 134
He has earned over €500k.

This horse may not have lived up to my hype, but he has lived up to almost all the hype" in the press, and from Ballydoyle.

He has won 3/4.
He has won 2 Group 1 races.
He has beaten the Derby/Arc winner
He has achieved a RPR of 132
He has achieved a Timeform rating of 134
He has earned over €500k.

he lost to a 125 horse.
beaten a Derby Arc winner over a distance too short and ground to fast for said winner.
he has ridden on the back of WF's coat tails to get that "134"

I'll have a bet now..that this horse will be Timeform's top rated horse by the end of the season

Mr. EC1,

I love the way you feel you have come out of the Eclipse right, when you got it wrong in almost every respect. Even the bit I agree with you (Workforce acting on the ground) is not certain.

You said that SYT was the worst value evens shot of the season
You said that Cape Blanco was a good bet ante-post
You said that Snow Fairy was the bet after the declarations.
You said that Workforce didn't act on the ground (in spite of the fact that he beat Sri Putra who was 120+ on Timeform and RPR before the race by 4.5L).

And you come here boasting about how you didn't buy into the hype!!! God it must be very profitable to be so right.

Last edited:
load o bollox Gareth..

is he not Irish then?

Is all this not just a ploy to play up SYT by using a horse like WF to whack his rating up?

i didn't buy into the hype thing from the start..but now it is so clear that there seems a real need to bull this horse up..which is truly bizarre..and quite sad

Let me get this straight.

Last night you accused me of running Workforce down.

Now you're accusing me of over-rating his performance on Saturday in order to justify a high rating for So You Think.

And the motive for this contradictory accusation? So You Think is trained in Ireland, and Workforce is trained in England. That's it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think:

a) Workforce is a brilliant horse. Whilst probably just short of being historically good (so far), his Derby performance - particularly the time he recorded - was one for the ages. The evidence so far also strongly suggests that he's fully effective on fast ground. I couldn't give a shit if he was trained on the moon.

b) So You Think is a brilliant horse. Whilst probably just short of being historically good (so far), he must be one of the most consistently excellent horses there's been in years, able to bang out big ratings regardless of what hemisphere he's racing in. I couldn't give a shit if he was trained on the moon.

c) They're two of a set of hugely talented mile and middle distance horses, along with the likes of Frankel, Canford Cliffs, Rewilding, Pour Moi, St Nicholas Abbey etc. who are helping make this a vintage season, and I'd much rather enjoy that, and discuss their relative merits in a constructive way, than have to read your idiotic and childish accusations that I like one more than another because of where it's trained.

For the record having met the man for a pint circa 5 years ago, Gareth Flynn strikes me as one of those Irishmen in London who is more likely to relish begrudgery about Irish success than waving a tricolour.

If you are going to run him down, do so for him being a Man United fan, for him buying into the hype about Black Jack Ketchum, or for going missing off this board for years and denying me access to one of the few sober voices of reason on this site.

Timeform Top Rated Horse 2011

4/9 Frankel
11/4 Canford Cliffs
11/2 So You Think
10/1 Pour Moi
14/1 Rewilding
14/1 St Nicholas Abbey
16/1 Await The Dawn
25/1 Workforce
66/1 Zarafina
66/1 Golden Lilac

If you are going to run him down, do so for him being a Man United fan, for him buying into the hype about Black Jack Ketchum, or for going missing off this board for years and denying me access to one of the few sober voices of reason on this site.

:lol: God man Barry. Never let it go about BJK...

Bar, did you have to bring up BJK? I was young, he's a hurdler, anyone could have made that mistake :whistle:

Let me get this straight.

Last night you accused me of running Workforce down.

Now you're accusing me of over-rating his performance on Saturday in order to justify a high rating for So You Think.

And the motive for this contradictory accusation? So You Think is trained in Ireland, and Workforce is trained in England. That's it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think:

a) Workforce is a brilliant horse. Whilst probably just short of being historically good (so far), his Derby performance - particularly the time he recorded - was one for the ages. The evidence so far also strongly suggests that he's fully effective on fast ground. I couldn't give a shit if he was trained on the moon.

b) So You Think is a brilliant horse. Whilst probably just short of being historically good (so far), he must be one of the most consistently excellent horses there's been in years, able to bang out big ratings regardless of what hemisphere he's racing in. I couldn't give a shit if he was trained on the moon.

c) They're two of a set of hugely talented mile and middle distance horses, along with the likes of Frankel, Canford Cliffs, Rewilding, Pour Moi, St Nicholas Abbey etc. who are helping make this a vintage season, and I'd much rather enjoy that, and discuss their relative merits in a constructive way, than have to read your idiotic and childish accusations that I like one more than another because of where it's trained.

lets be having less of the personal coments me old lad

I don't care what discussions we have..you don't get personal...you get away with far too much of this personal stuff by a long way

Mr. EC1,

I love the way you feel you have come out of the Eclipse right, when you got it wrong in almost every respect. Even the bit I agree with you (Workforce acting on the ground) is not certain.

You said that SYT was the worst value evens shot of the season
You said that Cape Blanco was a good bet ante-post
You said that Snow Fairy was the bet after the declarations.
You said that Workforce didn't act on the ground (in spite of the fact that he beat Sri Putra who was 120+ on Timeform and RPR before the race by 4.5L).

And you come here boasting about how you didn't buy into the hype!!! God it must be very profitable to be so right.

when you start posting when i get it right Bar..then you are entitled to that sort of sneering ..rub it in your nose ...post

until then..your post stinks to high hell

we are back to the starting shite threads rubbing people's noses in it situation we had on here in March..

i'll make no more opinions on the forum whilst this sort of shit is alllowed.

cheers

wtf?
I'm right you're wrong ...

Give it up lads. Who really cares, there'll always be some popping by egos, that's what egos do!

It's probably the weather!:lol:

EC-don't be taking it personally -I would be 100 per cent confident that BTB wasn't being malicious.
You did get a lot wrong about the Eclipse and invoking the laws of physics to prove that Workforce doesn't really like fast ground had me smiling..

Back