A.P.O'Brien.

EC

I also think Workforce put a better performance last weekend than in the Arc.

i respect your views..but its not even close imo..

a onepaced 2nd..ground hurting it..over a trip too short..compared to the wonderfull Arc win..no comparison

where would a horse like Sri Putra finish in WF's Arc?

Last edited:
Finished about same distance in front of sri putra as fame and glory.

its worth watching the arc again. He won it more nicely than i had recalled.

Last edited:
Finished about same distance in front of sri putra as fame and glory.

yes..OHR rated 128 horse F & G;)

Victoire Pisa..OHR 121 was beaten 6.5 lengths by WF in the Arc

using VP as a guide..the Arc win could be rated 130/131

compared to a 124/125..on Saturday..beating 117 horse Sri Putra

the Arc is way superior imo

I will say..i'm amazed that anyone can rate WF higher on saturday than the Arc..

to me it looks like boosting Saturdays winner at any cost

a staggering opinion imo

so seriously flawed..in fact i'll just have to withdraw from the discussion:)

Same could have been said of the runner up in the Derby, but these things are sent to test us. I'm not even saying it was not a 130 performance, I just don't think you can say any figure with authority. There's not one horse you can pick whose form on soft ground fits in neatly.

Same could have been said of the runner up in the Derby, but these things are sent to test us.

True, but the Derby wasn't that highly rated anyway, the second got a great ride, and you can expect those prominent in the Derby should be improving and give them a chance to back it up subsequently.

No, but it alerts the press that somebody in the know thinks this is a superstar, and may influence some within the media to big the horse up that little bit more, maybe even have the raters crediting him with the extra couple of pounds they'll always have at their discretion. It can make a big difference where the form comes back unfathomable a la Hawk Wing's Lockinge.

Jesus not even the wings on the advertising could help Hawk Wing! It may get the odd stupid breeder in, but I think you under estimate a lot of breeders. From what I know of them, they look first at the price, then the horse and everything else after that. Price is key.

I think you make a valid point re the rating guys. If you can get Timeform or the others to get him to the top of the ratings, that can be advertised. It's why Westerner was the top lot last year at the Derby sale, 5k more than Presenting. Just so they could advertise that he provided the top lot. It cost them a few hundred grand to do it!

shocking scenes as an English trained horse is run down in favour of an Irish trained one on this board ;)

I think everyone is aware of So You Think's Aussie origins, and quite a big part of the discussion before the Eclipse was about whether middle distance Aus horses were any good or not. I don't think anybody was too worried about where he is currently trained.

Back