Aftertiming thread

Can I after-time not backing a winner? So I'm doing my racing review after Goodwood and re-watching the Stewards Cup Rohaan initially caught my eye after a tardy start and then his move from the rear of the field to the right hand side of it as he sort of challenged for the places but in re-watching it a few times Dare to Hope was also sticking out as noteworthy given the passage he endured. But I looked at his profile and he seemed a bit exposed over 6f handicaps. I guess I should have gone back and watched some of his other races.
:)
Did much the same with Lethal Levi yesterday - after convincing myself he'd stay.
Should be chuffed,really.

I was going to back Fourofakind 22/1 at Perth yesterday after thinking that a change to a smaller stable might have freshened him up (because that’s what happened with Wise Eagle) but talked myself out of it.

Anyone have any inkling why Wigmore Street drifted the way he did?

Looked nailed on for first 4 to me when he was 12s this morning. Took the mid 40s BF just before the off with some of the winnings from Robi's Sandown 100-1 3rd earlier. Didn't look likely when still last about a furlong out, but WS is inexperienced and maybe this was a masterly planned ride (by trainer and jockey) to come down the outside and not get spooked in among horses during the rest of the race.

Well done, chaumi!

Watched the race and had thought about backing it with it being Coolmore in a valuable hcap but couldn't be arsed going through the rejections on the bookies going through the best odds.

Hard to say if it was Moore being brilliant or lucky that they went too fast but it was a hugely exciting finish whether anyone had a bet in the race or not. The handicapper will have ben pleased with himself and the principals won't go up much at all.

So we went to Kelso to see our friends horse run in the bumper. But last night I noticed that an outsider, Beyond the Verge was blue across the board on oddschecker albeit still being an outsider, a position it maintained right up to race time. But it had sparked an interest. By Telescope out of an unraced mare that, at the age of 14 has only had the one foal. Was green in the paddock and green in the race but still won at 18/1 ( was 20’s last night). I’m going to keep an eye on this one. I’d love to find out more about her dam; can’t help but feel there’s a story behind it. ( I think Susan Corbett is a trainer worth following; has a very good strike rate with the few horses she has…)

Last edited:
Back