Aig Irish Champion Hurdle

Originally posted by LUKE@Jan 26 2008, 10:29 PM
For what its worth I am told that Sizing Africa will win the first race tomorrow.
I note that Mick Darcy is not on board tommorrow. Whilst I don't know the story as to why, the ride he gave the horse at the Christmas Festival was shocking.

FWIW, I see Darcy as a mediocre jockey- nothing more, nothing less.

I think SIZING EUROPE will take this comfortably.

I don't like Hardy Eustace's chance in what will be a tactical race, similar with Al Eile and Ebaziyan.

SE should be on the pace throughout and has the beating of Aitmatov...unless he falls again of course norty.

SE is on a steep upward curve, I don't think they will see which way he went here...obvious CH winner material imho.

For the sake of my ten to follows, I want Sizing Europe, please!

For the sake of my TTF I want Ebaziyan to win. Before Cheltenham yesterday I was lying 276th in the overall competition with what looked like a credible chance of getting into the Top 10 this weekend - however I was out on a limb with most of the other leading entries who had Inglis Drever in their lists whereas I have Blazing Bailey. It was exciting for a few days.

Wow

Totally wasn't expecting that...got a text from someone close enough to that stable earlier today who said the horse was working very well but they still reckoned he was a point or two shorter in the betting than he should have been. Looking at De Bromhead there, he still seemed shocked by it. Serious contender now, surely.

Very nice indeed. I was suprised he was the price he was. Quite a compliment to Osana of course too.

Totally wasn't expecting that

the improvement is clearly in the form Bobbyjo

I was amazed at the price to be honest...6/4 shot imho.

a game of opinions indeed.

looking forward to the CH now...SE looks the festival banker to me

No excuses from the Al Eile camp there on At The Races....'beaten by a champion' according to Queally...

First time I have had a proper look at the horse today....Cheltenham the weather was so poorly you could barely see him.

Jumps a hurdle like a fence but is quick enough getting away from the hurdle for that not to be a problem. Lovely mover...floated over the ground today.

Yes :D I backed him antepost some time ago
[he's also in a few of our leading TTF entries on FF]

I backed Hardy today but I'm thrilled with that, love the horse and hoped he'd turn out to be a star
Great too when a smaller stable handles a good'un like that - it gets boring when the top stables win everything.
Wonder what JP will offer for him :laughing: Not that he's for sale, I would imagine

Champion Hurdle is between Sizing/Osana/Sublimity and Harchibald although stable form would make you wonder about the latter

he does look some horse. if i was being picky, he does jump his hurdles a bit big but way he went past Hardy and Al eile, was as good a performance as i have seen from an irish horse all year

If he does win a Champion Hurdle I hope they dont keep him hurdling...he jumps like a chaser (a bit like Glencove Marina did over hurdles). I want to see him over fences next year.

For me Osana is far too short now in the betting. Sizing Europe beat him easily the last day. Granted he was getting weight but I dont think it would have made a difference plus its looks like SE has improved again.

That's right Gal. I'm sure they will take him chasing next year, looks all over a chaser from the way he jumps. I doesn't seem to slow him down tho! Pray he stays safe...

For me Osana is far too short now in the betting. Sizing Europe beat him easily the last day. Granted he was getting weight but I dont think it would have made a difference plus its looks like SE has improved again.

Come off it. The 6lbs would almost certainly have made some difference to how close they finished. And despite getting a lead in the Bula (which is something that some have made too much of), Osana almost certainly improved again himself surely.

Great performance today by SE but I think the prices are fair enough

Originally posted by clivex@Jan 27 2008, 07:37 PM

Come off it. The 6lbs would almost certainly have made some difference to how close they finished. And despite getting a lead in the Bula (which is something that some have made too much of), Osana almost certainly improved again himself surely.

Great performance today by SE but I think the prices are fair enough
Osana got a ten length lead in the Bula...its impossible to judge that form. When you think Katchit finished second despite losing ground to him yet Katchit was thumped by Al Eile and Harchibald at Newcastle. Look what Sizing Europe did to a well fancied Al Eile today. The further they went the further clear Sizing Europe went against his at Cheltenham. Today was a massive step forward for SE. Was not a believe before today..I am now.

Back