Aintree 2015

Not a bad foursome to be choosing from.

I read somewhere Hurricane Fly would be going to France so could it be he'll go to Aintree?

Gives him a longer break and more time to recover.

I would have thought the owners of Arctic Fire would be pretty keen to have another go at Faugheen?

Must admit if any of them were mines I'd take a back seat and tell WMP to decide what runs where

The Aintree Bowl looks very interesting.

The betting has me confused though:blink: Holywell fav over Silviniaco Conti???

That just doesn't cumpute in my pea brain.

Ma Filleule will obviously run well as it's her time of the year but unless the wheels have come of SC is surely a stonking bet at 5/2

Silviniaco Conti went off at 15/8 for the King George which was imo a better race than this.

Holywell looked great winning at Aintree last year but beat Don Cossack?

Can't possible relate the Gold Cup placing to this race which is by far much more up SC's street

Wouldn't it worry you that Conti was beaten so far out? I've not heard Nicholls say there was a problem or that there was an excuse for the run. Maybe the season has taken its toll?

Menorah is the one that interests me at a price given he's been saved for this.

SC is a flat track bully, his 2 runs away from flat tracks this season he's been stuffed out of sight. Back on a flat track he has 2 be a player, providing the season hasn't taken it's toll.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it worry you that Conti was beaten so far out? I've not heard Nicholls say there was a problem or that there was an excuse for the run. Maybe the season has taken its toll?

Menorah is the one that interests me at a price given he's been saved for this.

Cheltenham ham itself can take it's toll on any horse. Many many run below par at Aintree but SC and Holywell bot won at Aintree last season so they may be ok.

SC was actually travelling much better than Holywell 4 out in the Gold Cup but then it turned into a slog which is what everyone expected might happen.

That's unlikely to be the case at Aintree which imo suits SC much better than Holywell who I thought was somewhat flattered by his win at the course last year.

I like Menorah as he has a lot of ability but he'll be hard pushed to find the improvement he needs to beat SC if the latter is on song

Holywell is a bad price. Would take Menorah and Ma Filleule if pushed but not interested in betting on it at this point. See what the intended runners looks like.

I wouldn't be keen to back any from the Gold Cup as that was a hard race.
Think the mare will be hard to beat. Eduard too I like.

Would be great to see him over here again probably for the final time, What about Annie?

No Annie fonz. Maybe going for 3 miler I'm not sure.
I see Eduard is not in the Bowl. Assume they go for Melling.

Mullins
Annie not in tip top form when working during the week so will wait until Punchestown.

No Hurricane Fly in the Aintree Hurdle but Jezki, Rock On Ruby and Arctic Fire have all been confirmed for the race.

Betfred Bowl Chase declarations (7). Ballynagour, Holywell, Menorah, Silviniaco Conti, Smad Place, Vukovar and Ma Filleule.

Last edited:
Not very often you will see this but be careful when backing any Mullins runners at Aintree. At the Grand National meeting (Thu-Sat) he has had over fifty runners and only the one winner. :blink: Obviously that could change this year, however thought best to point it out as it really is a shocking figure for such a wonderful trainer.

I will be there on the Thursday so hoping to see a really good card, with Josses Hill, Champagne Fever, Don Cossack, Holywell and Silviniaco Conti battling it out.

Anyone fancy meeting up and saying hello? Would be good so meet up with fellow forum members.

That would be great Martin,

I only live three mile away mate so happy to meet up on the Thu or Fri, can't make Sat night as will be flying to Malaga. PM sent

Sadly won't be there but may be in Liverpool one evening if you're around Toffee?

Martin

Last edited:
Back