Aintree 2015

Given the usual intelligence of your posts im a bit mystified by this conclusion - mullins not dire at aintree but just doesn't take it as seriously as Irish festivals and rarely brings his strongest squad. Still pretty effective when he lays one out for it - thousand stars and diakali spring to mind in this very race. Indeed he knows what it takes to challenge for this race so can't see how trainer could be used as a negative - that's just guessing at odds with laborious and fascinating nature of sectional analysis

his strike rate is dire compared to Cheltenham..and the key point was..at the odds.

i have no problem backing him at Aintree ...but not at the price AF is.

Tucked away on Page 3 of today's Racing Post: today's hurdles at Aintree 90 yd per circuit longer than advertised, chases 40 yd longer.

Have layed Vibrato Valtat today
Looked like at Cheltenham that a long season was catching up with him, Josses Hill is one I just cant trust so Clarcam can follow Gilgamboa and cement the irish arkle form.

Clerk of course Andrew Tulloch opted not to water the Grand National course yesterday. Reserving the right to do so after racing today.

Superb ride from Sam.

Nicholls' juveniles don't seem to be as bad he was suggesting a couple of months ago...

Good training performance to bring him back like that after a stinker at Cheltenham
PFN has been a real punters pal this season.

Wouldn't touch any of Hendersons horses running the next few days those first 3 really really poor wonder if there's something amiss in the yard

Thank goodness; I've followed the horse all year and love him to bits. I really thought he was gone.

Falling at the last flight is becoming Ruby's "thing"; it may be perception but he does fall at the last in a lot of top races with the race at his mercy/in with a strong chance.

Delighted to see AF up and walking away apparently okay.

Makes the Grade 1 Novice chase on Saturday a proper egg and spoon race as most of the also rans from there ran today.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how Beltor runs back on a flat track. I backed All Yours at Kempton and Cheltenham and of course left the bloody thing alone today and backed Devilment instead. Form franked today and they seemed to think a lot of Beltor.

Back