Aintree 2015

Don Cossack was sensational. Unlucky at the Festival, but has proven without doubt he's absolutely top drawer.

indeed..i get a 177 speed figure for him there..top notcher

he ran 4 seconds faster than Boston Bob did last year on near identical ground

Last edited:
That was carnage. Very glad to hear they're back OK. The loose horse darting around in front of the 14th(?) could have been horrific.

indeed..i get a 177 speed figure for him there..top notcher

he ran 4 seconds faster than Boston Bob did last year on near identical ground

Cue Card looked to be taking them along at a fair old pace. My instinct was that they were all going to finish very tired, I was almost right but Don Cossack saw it out easily. He was a class apart from a quality field.

The time is even more remarkable given McCoy was able to go easy on him for the final furlong. That was every bit as good as some of the superb performances at Cheltenham, and this seasons fantastic novices won't have it all there own way next season.

Very good by Don. I do hope they go for the King George. Was hoping he would have lined up last year.

Gods Own gets his ground here just like at Cheltenham and is well clear on ratings
5/2 looks a bet.

NC had plenty of gears didn't he?

Gok wanker is a parasite on racing coverage. If this is what having racing is like on Free to,air, please move it all to pay tv

i feel a bit like Victor Meldrew as my Cheltenham dockets were full of horses like Jezki, Don Cossack, Nichols Canyon, Monbeg Dude ew, Tagliatelle to name a few .
This I hope does not qualify for after timing, more like premature punting.

I wouldn't put much store in the Boston Bob time differential. He was running on past tired handicappers (ballynagour amongst them I admit, but he wasn't fresh that day)

I wouldn't put much store in the Boston Bob time differential. He was running on past tired handicappers (ballynagour amongst them I admit, but he wasn't fresh that day)

i haven't..although knowing the ground and pace of both races does put it into perspective...the timefigure for Don was calculated on the day's results......the boston bob comparison was an aside as they both ran on a similar surface..still interesting though..well to me obviously..doubt anyone else gives a fig so it doesn't really matter either way really.

Last edited:
Back