Aintree 2016

1st well done Ricko you have the making of a legend with yet another excellent winner.

The sign of a very serious horse is when they do everything wrong they get the tactics wrong the ride isn't great but the horse still wins.

I'm not a great believer in hanging about with horses that are slower than you.

The Dickinsons cottoned on to it as did the Pipes and so has WPM but for some reason today Townsend or someone decided a wrestling match was a good idea

No harm done but to me he should have just said stuff it and gone on after a couple of hurdles and he'd have one much easier

I think i've a way to go yet...posted plenty of losers in the past, but cheers.

WM on RacingUK thinking champion hurdle next year but Ruby told him at Cheltenham "would win Arkle with his mouth open"
Will wear a different noseband next time whatever

WPM said that? Very strange when he has Faugheen and Annie in the wings unless he knows something we don't that would be a crazy route to go.

My question to him of air would have been "Is Faugheen's injury worse than you are saying"

think the hdb runner's style will set it up for a really wide margin win from douvan, but probably isn't likely they'll ask lots from the good horse.

I'm going to push my luck.

4.20 - Aintree - Rock D'Apsis. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1.

A Listed Handicap Chase over 25 furlongs and the key trends are:

5 of the last 6 winners have been rated between 134 and 138.
Only one horse in the past 12 years has carried more than 11 stone to victory.
11 of the last 19 winners had run at the Cheltenham Festival.
19 of the last 23 winners winners ran in March or April.
7 of the last 12 winners had raced prominently.
2 of the last 4 winners were Novice Chasers.
Only 2 of the last 17 winners were aged ten plus.
The Irish have never won this race. (39 renewals).
Philip Hobbs and Jonjo O'Neill are trainers to note.

Roc D'Apsis won two of his first three starts over fences this season and was stepped up to three miles for the first time last time out at Kempton. In a hot Grade Three handicap he caught the eye finishing well, despite not fencing fluently. He will need to jump better today but his Trainer reports that he has been well schooled since that race and hopefully that will reap it's rewards this afternoon. He has plenty of potential for further improvement over today's trip and the cheekpieces he has worn to good effect in his last two starts are retained today. Paddy Brennan, who has been on board for his three victories in this country, resumes the partnership and the yard could hardly be in better form. They are also represented by the favourite Cernunnos who possesses a progressive profile.

6.10 - Aintree - Nabucco. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.

Good luck Ricko. Mystifiable is my best bet today in that 4:20, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Everything comes easy for him. What a cruising speed.

Jumping bit sticky but nothing is stopping him.

He'd win either the Punch or Sandown 2m feature before season ends if asked

How good is Ruby? They all look like it's their first time on the racecourse when anyone else rides! ;)

He just keeps getting better. I honestly have him ahead of Sprinter Sacre at this stage of his career he's just so damn fast off any pace put to him.

Still a way to go but this horse will bust a hole right through the 200 barrier if he stays sound

Extraordinary animal waiting for the first Irishman to say the. A word ...

I should love love to see them step up in trip .

Townend looked like a kid who's been given the keys to the sweet shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extraordinary animal waiting for the first Irishman to say the. A word ...

I should love love to see them step up in trip .

He reminds me a bit too much of him. Everytime I see him I think back to the Gallacher Gold Cup when A cut down MH........but don't want to go there or the 212 brigade will come out of the woodwork and start bashing me

Last edited:
He reminds me a bit too much of him. Everytime I see him I think back to the Gallacher Gold Cup when A cut down MH........but don't want to go there or the 212 brigade will come out of the woodwork and start bashing me

The way he jumps and makes ground between fences is also pretty reminiscent ... Also temperament wise it seems they are similar friendly quiet animals .

Vautour does not appear to stay and Djakadam is not good enough - the temptation to go for Gold must be huge .

Back