Aintree 2018

If ever you wanted to see a race run perfectly to suit your horse then today was that day for L'ami Serge followers.

Cracking race!

Last edited:
If I owned, trained or backed the filly I'd be raging. It was another show-off ride that could have ended badly. There was never any need for him to be so far back and any trouble in running he got into was of his own making. He was obviously on by far the best horse in the race but off such a slow pace he could have afforded to race much less from the back and let her win without having a hard race.

I'll be rating the filly much, much better than the bare form and at least she was flicking her ears about a lot once she'd gone clear. I just hope the race hasn't left its mark.

Sad state of affairs especially from such an experienced rider.

Back to the meeting I can't see them holding Jenkins up like they did at Cheltenham and it can be dangerous giving a decent horse an easy lead at this course.
Top weight might stop him but then aqain it might not if he steals a march on them

I have to be honest I have no idea who Mr. Lorcan Williams is but having won 3 from his last 5 rides he obviously knows his stuff.

That said I thought he made a complete bollocks of riding Zubayr last time so hopefully he can go one better today.

Who Dare Wins gave signs of a comeback recently but I will stick with Zubayr EW
Never was convince that 2miles was Politilogues best distance I reckon he'll reverse places with Min today.
But Balko Des Flos was mega impressive at the Festival so won't be opposing him.

I will stick with OK Coral to beat Santini again

Back to the meeting I can't see them holding Jenkins up like they did at Cheltenham and it can be dangerous giving a decent horse an easy lead at this course.
Top weight might stop him but then aqain it might not if he steals a march on them

I have to be honest I have no idea who Mr. Lorcan Williams is but having won 3 from his last 5 rides he obviously knows his stuff.

That said I thought he made a complete bollocks of riding Zubayr last time so hopefully he can go one better today.

Who Dare Wins gave signs of a comeback recently but I will stick with Zubayr EW
Never was convince that 2miles was Politilogues best distance I reckon he'll reverse places with Min today.
But Balko Des Flos was mega impressive at the Festival so won't be opposing him.

I will stick with OK Coral to beat Santini again

Agree about Balko des Flos. Couldn’t see Min cantering all over UDS like this fella did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11kcn0y.jpg

He is a point to point jockey. He would have been Champion Novice last season but then James Bowen appeared on the scene!! He is based with Sally Alner I think still.

I don't get how that good section down past the Melling Road can be since it wasn't good yesterday, according to yesterday's image.

RUK highlighting the fact Ivanovich Gorbatov sweating up a lot before the first which they say he hasn't done before.

Politologue lost his right hand shoe

Politologue's record from Ditcheat

At Cheltenham U044
Everywhere else 211121F11121

That starter is a clown. They were in a perfect line for nearly a furlong there. He could ahve let them go 50 yards early.

Cracking ride from Harry Cobden. Used his brain to take a pull going into Canal Turn so loose horse didn't cause a problem.

Which bit of Politologue's form is it that you think makes him a better horse at 2m4f. His RPR's at both distances are as follows:

2m: 160, 167, 167, 167, 167, 161
2m4f: 149, 153, 158, 148, 154

As I said those rating were crap. The horse was bought as a Gold Cup prospect, Hailes had the biggest bet of his life on him last season at Cheltenham in the JLT.
The only reason he was dropped back to 2 miles was because the races were crap with no Douvan and no Altior

PN did say after he won the Tingle Creek he was a better 2 miles horse but that's because he's a balloon :lol:

His latest quote
"The great thing now he is staying, we always thought he'd be a King George horse, but we dropped him back in trip. In time he might get three miles.

He's more political than Politilogue

Back