Aintree Day 2

Always Waining is so tough and genuine. Really pleased for Peter Bowen and the lad riding. Some compensation for missing the National cut.

Some compensation for missing the National cut that. Really pleased for Bowen and the lad riding. That fat bookie on the telly said Rub'ys horse traded at 1/25 whilst AW was 90 odd to one at one point in running.

I am in work with no access to Betfair. I am trying to bet, work, watch the races in the bookies across the road and listen to the others on the radio.

Trading in running would be a little too much to ask.

I made a spurious excuse to go to payroll office-had a dose of fat fingers but managed to lay Ruby at 1.14 to undo most of the damage.

Don't forget Mon Parrain is only five.

It is very rare that I get the feeling from watching a race that I got from watching Mon Parrain at Sandown. Le Roi Miguel at Sandown behind Impek comes to mind. Tarxien at Cheltenham another.

6th I think. Made the running and a bad mistake at one point early but battled on without looking likely to win after being joined in front.

Thanks Bloodnok. Text commentary worse than useless on the RP betting site.

It really got my hopes up earlier when it said "Final Fence: Mon Parrain drawing clear"...

He was, though, Benny. Anyone who backed him would have felt sure they were on a winner.

Back