All Time Classic Albums

Saw programme about Steve Winwood last night on BBC4; thought his collaboration with Clapton at the moment was something new, but had forgotten about the Blind Faith era. Also didn't know that he had reinvented himself in the 80's; in fact he has constantly reinvented himself. Also didn't realise he was a Brummie like moi, but is now the country squire type like Roger Daltrey and Ian Anderson.

BBC4 has broadcast several great music documentaries lately, and this was another. Read your post whilst listening to a Traffic 2cd retrospective, prompted by the programme - Dear Mr Fantasy, John Barleycorn, Low Spark of High Heeled Boys etc., great stuff: lit up my evening. A truly great singer and much underestimated.

I so want to listen to that John Barleycorn album; never bought it for some reason. Am just coming out of my Tom Petty phase, having watched the BBC4 night about them a few weeks ago. I've never tended to listen much to the music of my youth, although occasionally have a 'nostalgia night' always feeling that there was too much good new stuff around, but I can't find anything new to listen to these days; perhaps it's my age?

Back