Annie Power

Paddy Power have gone out on several Ricci/Mullins horses most notably Vautour at 9/1 for the Arkle after already being best priced 7/1. He's now 5/1 for the champion hurdle. Few other notable changes:

Faugheen shortened at 6/1 for world hurdle
Annie power evens for the mares

Reckon they know something the others don't? From a personal point of view I've been topping up the antepost Vautour/Faugheen Arkle/Champion hurdle double since Punchestown so I'll be down on that front though I really do think the potential for each would be much higher going these routes. Vautour looks every inch a chaser of the highest calibre to me

How good are paddy power usually on getting ahead of the market?

Thanks SD.

Still reckon she stays hurdling

WPM on Annie Power... "She’s in good form, but we haven’t made a decision whether to stay hurdling or go over fences yet. She’ll school over fences soon and we’ll make a decision then."

"Analifet recovering well from her pelvis injury and will be aimed at mares' hurdles."

Interesting stuff !

Ruddy waste. She may aswell go for the Champion now and at least make it worth while. Hope for soft ground.

Shame really, means the mares race is a penalty kick.

Possibly but Polly Peachum appears to be improving at a rate of knots and from today has an OR of 155 - the same mark Annie had when she beat Zarkandar in the Coral hurdle this time last year.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with the decision but WPM has plenty of quality hurdles to send over fences this year, the obvious ones being Vautour and Un De Sceaux so I can only see the good in this as, like it or not, the festival mares' race is here to stay. So rather than constantly bemoaning it we should enjoy the fact that it may now begin to add real value to the opening day.

Whether that ultimately detracts from the champion hurdle is another thing but if I were lucky enough to own Vautour, Faugheen & Annie Power I wouldn't want them running against each other if there were alternative G1's to be won and there just happens to be an opportunity there for the mare that isn't open to the other two.

Keeping her over hurdles to win the same race year in year out however is completely different and would be a crying shame.

I would rather win the mares hurdle then be second in the Gold Cup.When Scolardy won the Triumph Hurdle the local celebrations lasted the best part of 36 hours.

I would rather win the mares hurdle then be second in the Gold Cup.When Scolardy won the Triumph Hurdle the local celebrations lasted the best part of 36 hours.

Id rather place in a gold cup. Chasing trumps hurdling. Not surprised she stays hurdling but hope we see her in open company more than Quevega

Having a winner at the festival would be incredible -especially if a gamble was landed-being placed only matters to the anoracks.

A straw poll would be interesting, let's say first to five wins.

to the forum, would you rather win the mares or place in a Gold Cup?

Last edited:
Mares.

Quevega will be remembered long after the likes of Sir Rembrandt and The Giant Bolster have been forgotten. I can't imagine anyone would trade a Festival winner, for a mere place in the Gold Cup.

Id rather place in a gold cup. Chasing trumps hurdling. Not surprised she stays hurdling but hope we see her in open company more than Quevega

Same. Hurdling is just a step up from the flat for me. They only stay hurdling if they can't jump fences. Its called National Hunt not bunny hop.

Back