Another "Hen & Terry" horse with forum involvement

My very horsey colleague was despatched to look him over in the pre-parade and parade ring, and reported that WAD was looking much sparkier than last time - as if today he had begun to realise what he was in for! Saw Brian (possibly IanR and Mrs IanR and some other owners) chatting with the jockey in the 4th place enclosure, so this time the horse had a few connections on hand. I don't suppose what the horse does hurdling will matter much if chasing is his objective, though.

Oh, he looked very good from the pictures I saw on ATR & he ran a promising race. Mind you I'm beginning a love affair with Taipans....

Now I know the RP's lost the plot - in the race analysis it mentions that WAD was never able to land a blow on his 'hurdling debut'... okay, own up, who fell asleep at the monitor last meeting?

I only saw the last few furlong - the point from which he started to pick up again according to the ATR commentator. He ran a promising race but did seem to balloon one of the last few hurdles. I think someone mentioned that he did that on his actual hurdles debut.

When there was trouble at the last bend I thought he might be able to run on to take 2nd. It wasn't to be but promising all the same. Best of luck with him in the future.

Horse fell in front of him and Sam Thomas had no chance to get out of the way. Frustrating. Horse and jockey are ok.

I can't keep up with it all - is this Windy you're talking about? Where's he out today? I'll stay in and watch while I do the three tons of laundry that have built up!

Might have got up in a few more strides.
A couple of nasty falls including the fav,hope those are ok.

One dead, another dead in another race, but a good second by WAD. He showed a pretty good piece of acceleration at the finish.

Couldn't make it due to a board meeting but very pleased with the result. One more run this season and then looking forward to novice chasing next season. Did Jazz City get up ?

According to the RP analysis he was only winded which in light of events today is a blessed relief.

I really thought Jazz had gone, Arkers - seemed to lie as flat as a pancake, but as you say, was badly winded but eventually got up. Thank God it wasn't another death to add to today's awful tally.

Back