Another "Hen & Terry" horse with forum involvement

As a mate said to me last night - "don't worry, your horse will win races alright. Inside of a greyhound....."

I'd love to know how many tins of pedigree chum Hen is feeding him per day.

Originally posted by rorydelargy+Dec 21 2007, 09:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rorydelargy @ Dec 21 2007, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kathy@Dec 21 2007, 09:36 PM
Bally Conn did run much better today with the headgear on. I am sure there is a win to be had with him. He seems genuine enough, he has a lovey big stride and jumped OK. He will be a big price when he does win!
If he was unfit or just moderate I'd have taken some encouragement from the run but he wouldn't have blown a candle out after his recent races and is just "getting cute" as they say back home.

Uttoxeter now has the easiest fences in the country and I still thought he jumped like a pig ~ I really thought he tried his best not to get on with it but was well enough ridden by James Davies. He has ability and no lack of stamina so his continual pulling up like this is most disappointing. [/b][/quote]
I know its a bit late now, but a season's pointing may help him and in Hunter Chases where he would have the luxery of a small field he could go well.

I personally think he wants a small field and to make all, maybe also 2m 4f on a stiff track where his stamina will come into play.

Huntings a man's game Irish, she would be better off doing a nice buffet for her fellow friends to come home to after some amateur has belted him home .

(prepares to be abused by every woman forummember)

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing+Dec 22 2007, 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisbeekracing @ Dec 22 2007, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rorydelargy@Dec 21 2007, 09:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kathy
@Dec 21 2007, 09:36 PM
Bally Conn did run much better today with the headgear on.  I am sure there is a win to be had with him.  He seems genuine enough, he has a lovey big stride and jumped OK.    He will be a big price when he does win!

If he was unfit or just moderate I'd have taken some encouragement from the run but he wouldn't have blown a candle out after his recent races and is just "getting cute" as they say back home.

Uttoxeter now has the easiest fences in the country and I still thought he jumped like a pig ~ I really thought he tried his best not to get on with it but was well enough ridden by James Davies. He has ability and no lack of stamina so his continual pulling up like this is most disappointing.
I know its a bit late now, but a season's pointing may help him and in Hunter Chases where he would have the luxery of a small field he could go well.

I personally think he wants a small field and to make all, maybe also 2m 4f on a stiff track where his stamina will come into play. [/b][/quote]
I'm in agreement with you there Chris, which is possibly a first on here!

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 22 2007, 11:31 AM
Thats okay, I'll get kirsty milzcharek on Star then
Kirsty is a damn good jockey, she wins on horses which have done damn all [as does Sophie Doyle] - and she has a w/r ratio at Kempton on the a/w which shames most of the male jocks riding :P

We had an Elite hurdler Empire Park who would go for no-one except Polly Gundry. Some horses *do* run better for women, they maybe don't like being 'got after' - if you have one who's not performing as his work says he should, then it's worth trying a lady jock, no question - esp if the horse is ridden at home by a girl as so many are. Most trainers still won't try it though - damn annoying if you are the owner.

I do agree with you Chris to an extent - firstly going pointing isn't as much of an easy option as it sounds though. As he has already won he is ineligible for maidens so realistically you are looking at confined and intermediates (well, members races too I guess but they hardly count!!) and they can be fairly competitive unless your area is "quiet", ie not in an area known for its large yards! The way he is running at the moment I'd say he wouldn't have a prayer in an open as most opens are quite a lot more competitive than 0-90 handicap chases under rules [which he'd struggle to win as well!!!]. I'd also question running him over 2m4f - he'd be taken off his feet early and chuck the towel in completely.

Not gonna bite at your comment about women riders Chris!!! :P

Martin, just watch this space.........possibly!!!

Also to add, I agree with Headstrong that some horses go far better for women. An Elite stalwart, Paradise Navy, was the same ~ he would go for Sophie Mitchell, Leanne Masterton, Emma Ramsden and bizarrely enough, Richard Hughes!!! :laughing: Whitebonnet was the same, both would chuck the towel in rapidly if a bloke was on and trying to make them do something rather than kid them along. The lads in the yard used to joke that Bobby & Mr P "could feel those ol' testicles as soon as they touch the saddle and not go a yard" - they weren't far off (both were ridden by girls at home as well as they would work terribly - even be lazy in a regular canter! - if a lad were on them) which doesn't say a lot for Hughesy!!!

In this case however, the last thing Bally Conn wants on him is a girl. I believe he needs strong handling and will take the opportunity to pull himself up even faster were a girl on him.

Have you thought about A. P. McCoy to batter the arse off him, if not give him a break until april and put him in one of those 2m maiden races in ireland which are full of National Hunt horses, get Eddie Ahern on and he's sure to get a wake up call. :laughing:

I wish Sam Hitchcott would go jumping, unbelievably strong for a small lad and a good head on him. Wasted talent on the flat and personally feel he would give A.P. a run for his money over the sticks.

Agree about Bally Conn SL. He clearly needs either AP or Dickie Johnson up :eek:
That should wake his ideas up a bit!! But I fear they may be on a 'hiding to nothing'
Very disappointing for you all.

I wouldn't put Sam Hitchcott on my bike.

Much to my disgust an owner in the yard, with the trainers blessing, booked Hitchcott to ride a horse on its first run for us on the flat, at a course where Hitchcott was 0 from 49. (I still remember the time when Hitchcott was trying to hit one so hard in a finish that he fell off the other side, and yet the press put it as unseated when hit rail).
Anyway, this was a horse I had been riding every day and knew well. We knew it stayed a mile and a half. Hitchcott set a slow pace, the horse was well beaten from 3 out and he told us it hadnt stayed. In actual fact, he hated the ground and was bady jarred up to the extent that he hasn't raced for four months.

Hitchcott , Smitchcott.

The raail incedent would have been on Misternando, who never travelled was very hard work, but wthrough sheer never say die attuitude hitchy got him to win 10 races, he was actually pushing him for 1m 4f and he just got to the front, the horse stumbled slightly and he was in forwardpush position, which unbalanced him and he came off.

No one would have been more gutted than him.

How long ago was it your horse was running Goobler, Over the past 3 or 4 years Sam has really improved. Its acase of someone who doesn't get the chances he deserves.

I was at Bath one day and Milt Bradley was really pissed off with Sam. He said that Sam totally ignored the advice he had been given before the race, that the pace would be slow and to keep the horse handy, Sam held him up at the back and when they went for home in the straight he didn't have a chance of getting involved. That was this this year, Chris.

Aahhh, that honest trainer Milton Bradley, who runs his horses unfit to get them to nice handicap marks to win a race or two.

Then wonders why alot break down.

It was this summer Chris and I was livid!

The Misternando ride I remember well, it was at Yarmouth. The horse was a hard ride as you say and Hitchcott was giving him one. As he was challenged by the eventual winner his strikes got harder, and from higher and higher ( hence why he was hanging left ) until eventually he went to hit him so hard he unbalanced himself and fell off the other side.

He went on to win about six more, as you say, and didnt make that mistake again!

I remember Misternando very well Stephen. I took him racing alot and rode him alot of times at home, the horse jinxed and sam who was in full drive, one hand on reign, one off about to hit, was unbalanced and unseated. Nobody's perfect. At least he was trying to win the race.

You're talking utter bollocks, Goober.

The horse doesn't stay 1m4f, he stays 2 fecking miles!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Hitchcott is an arse who wouldn't know what day it is, nevermind what he had underneath him.

Well definitely one mile seven and a half at least. :clap:

Now of all things, it is in the best interests of any arse to know whats underneath it ! :xmassign:

this joke comes with seasons greetings and is free of charge.

Back