Another sacred day at Kempton tomorrow...

So, to get this straight - Geraghty was in on the whole thing too and feigned it all? And Henderson went to this huge elaborate scheme for what exactly? Whoever thinks something funny has gone on here needs to get outside and go for a walk.

So, to get this straight - Geraghty was in on the whole thing too and feigned it all? And Henderson went to this huge elaborate scheme for what exactly? Whoever thinks something funny has gone on here needs to get outside and go for a walk.

I for one don’t believe Geraghty was in on anything or that Henderson wants anything other than the horse to be successful. This doesn’t mean that we can rule out that he was got at or that something he may be being treated for hasn’t triggered an irregular response. Most of us are hoping it’s a one off occurrence. We don’t know the cause and are unlikely to find out. So in answer to the question put on here ‘was he got at’ I’d repeat ‘who knows?’

The fact that it has self corrected and they are not treating him for the condition suggests that he hasn’t got an ongoing problem and that something specific has triggered the episode.

It is ridiculous to suggest Henderson has concocted an ‘elaborate scheme’. If he is involved at all (not that I believe he is) it will be something that has gone wrong.

Last edited:
In My honest opinion I think had Mr Hendersons pre-race interview been the subject of a criminal psychological analysis post race, he would have been subjected to a request for Lie detection with regard to his integrity. Assuming we live in the united states of course.

“One great use of thought is to share it, because sometimes, it can make you think you don't know what to think"

The drugs used to correct this issue have very bad complications, Indeed, death being one of them. And, if I remember correctly the chance of that is not as small as you'd like....Don't you remember this from when Denman had them?

Any suggestion that deciding not to use this drug is a sign of bad doings is really rather dopey....

Nx

Any of you read about Jeffell in Racing Post today ?
He had a series of heart related events but came back to win Victor Chandler and Red Rum Chase after such an episode the previous November.
Owner Tom Bailey had a punt Victor Chandler week that bought him a house in Aylesbury Rd, Dublin 4 where Mrs J P McManus recently bought a house for 10 Million !
Bailey famously bought a pedigree ram for 98000 Gns but only paid 30k for Ray Burke, Government Minister. As a wag at Tribunal said "he must have seen him coming"
RB affectionately known as Rambo at the time; I wonder who gave him that name.
Surely not Jeffell's owner !

It could be an elaborate scam by owner and others to make the horse appear fragile, and make it look like it can actually be beaten, by the very mediocre bunch of 2 milers that are around. They may of been thinking if we can on SPRINTER at even money for the champion chase, we can make more money that way than the prize money from the subsequent race it lost ( £45,000) also it captures the public's imagination and brings even more publicity to the sport ( which is needed). When he wins by in excess of 20 lengths come the champion chase, it will be all praise Henderson for his miraculous powers of bringing a horse back from the brink.

It may appear far fetched as to why they would ruin his unbeaten record, but this makes the phantom illness seem all the more believable to the majority of naive people. It looked very strange the way Geraghty just pulled him up so quickly and alarm bells were ringing right away. I feel sorry for the poor buggers who but a good majority of their bank balances in jeopardy trying to take easy money from the bookies. If it is all a scam (I personally have no concrete view either way) it is obviously impossible for people to find out, so they are a law unto themselves and the bookies sure aren't complaining when they tidy up from some corrupt race.

If he does line up for the champion chase in which he looks 99% chance he will, getting around the even money mark, will be the bet of the year no doubt.

I mean come on what stands in his way. Mr I am SIRE DE GRUGY and i do not like the cheltenham hill, and all can bypass me on the run in. amyone who considers taking 3/1 SIRE DE GRUGY want a severe talking to:p

You might not be the Frog, but he'd sure as hell be proud of your logic.
SS wins 10 straight chases and half a million pounds without breaking sweat, then - with the eyes of the world upon them - connections suddenly decide to stop him halfway through a race, just to land a future bet.
Has this forum really sunk that low, this quickly? :rolleyes:

SS wins 10 straight chases and half a million pounds without breaking sweat, then - with the eyes of the world upon them - connections suddenly decide to stop him halfway through a race, just to land a future bet.

Well said this conspiracy theory is utter bollox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horse was just obviously not over his cold. Fully expect him to win the QM by 10l on the bridle.

In this game I think caution and skepticism are a positive attitude to have given that it is rife in corruption, going from low level races even to some of the top races. I see many corrupt races but my view and opinion will be totally disregarded as I am just a peasant compared to the rich racing fraternity and therefore people like me never get our views heard. The problem is the majority of racing fans have to much admiration for the celebrity status of the top people in the sport and therefore can never believe they would be involved in any corruption whatsoever, basically they are blind to it. I am by no means suggesting that the race was corrupt but my skepticism should be intact, to keep me from being fooled.

Me and the FROG have the same kind of views hey. You will keep these compliments coming won't you:lol:

Back