Another sacred day at Kempton tomorrow...

Steve's theory one..they pulled him up due to the ground being too soft

A bit unlikely seeing as how he won twice on ground a lot slower

Steve's Theory 2...horse might have something in system that might be detected

if that was the case i would say pulling him up was near on guaranteed for it to be checked for

Do you seriously believe some of this stuff Steve?

could it just be that something was just amiss with the horse enough for BG to pull it up..and we all hope its not his last race

Last edited:
This won't tell you anything that we haven't already. That the prognosis for recovery is excellent

The journal isn't about recovery, of course, I assume you never read it.

Last edited:
The journal isn't about recovery, of course, I assume you never read it.

But you were saying he should be retired on the basis of what has been diagnosed (not that anything has actually been diagnosed as yet). This shows that he shouldn't be (always assuming that he has anything wrong with his heart in the first place).

Last edited:
Steve's theory one..they pulled him up due to the ground being too soft

A bit unlikely seeing as how he won twice on ground a lot slower

Steve's Theory 2...horse might have something in system that might be detected

if that was the case i would say pulling him up was near on guaranteed for it to be checked for

Do you seriously believe some of this stuff Steve?

could it just be that something was just amiss with the horse enough for BG to pull it up..and we all hope its not his last race

Neither of these are theories of mine.

I’ve already said that he has won in heavy ground at Cheltenham and in the Champion Chase on Soft so was surprised about Henderson having reservations about the going. It does not alter that they wouldn’t have wanted him to have a hard race in soft conditions. As should be clear, I’m quite sceptical of him being pulled up because of the state of the going (despite this being a possible excuse).

While Nicky may have cause to believe something could show up in the tests, it is also not a theory of mine that he was pulled up because of this, for the very reason that he would be tested. However delaying any test can only be to his advantage (if he believed something might show up) and shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.

I think the most likely reason that he was pulled up is as you say that BG was not happy with something and was being cautious (perhaps over-cautious). You may recall that I was inclined to agree with granger’s earlier comment about ‘baby gloves’.

This doesn’t change the fact that it doesn’t look good and that Nicky will be very keen to deflate the situation with the simplest explanation.

Last edited:
Have they changed the drug testing procedures? When I was working the horses where drug tested directly after the race, taken straight to the vet boxes where it was waited for them to pee, and after half an hour if not they were blood tested.

And if a horse was in need of medical assessment they went to the same vet boxes to be looked at.

So has it changed?

Nx

To my eyes he overjumped and potentially stretched something a couple of fences before, then Geraghty felt something wasn't quite right over the next two and, being understandably cautious with such a high profile horse, pulled him up rather than take any risks to win a meaningless grade 2.

No fan of Nicky but can't see anything sinister here and would be surprised if anything career threatening wrong with SS.

Geraghtys ATR blog is up. He hopes they will have him back for Ascot
doesn't mention any possible race now. maybe they edited it?

strangely enough, the sporting life article references it says he mentioned the game spirit at newbury.

either way, i doubt they'd even be thinking of possible races now. they need to find out what's truly wrong. unless they were already aware. :ninja:

The horse was dope tested straight after the race . I don't understand the conspiracy theories at all .

So lets get this straight...

BG felt it appropriate to pull Sprinter Sacre up but not At Fishers Cross???

If SS had an irregular heartbeat, AFC had a cardiac arrest!!!

It should be noted of course that in the unlikely event that creative nutrients were being administered that Barry Geraghty would have known nothing about it.

The only thing I take issue with here is that it is too early to be talking retirement. Even if he has the condition of an irregular heartbeat it is treatable with a very high prospect of total recovery. Irregular heartbeat can be brought on by certain substances being present in the system (both legitimate and prohibited), but if he tests clear of these there is nothing to answer on that count.

I do not see any conspiracy in this, but they have left themselves open to scepticism by BG not dismounting when he thought something sufficiently wrong to pull him up after not looking in trouble during the race. If he felt the horse go under him that’s another thing, but a jockey would normally dismount in those circumstances. However, if they have been over cautious with him it’s no doubt better to be safe than sorry.

Back