Arse Cup

I wasn't going to reply:ninja: but yes and he wouldn't have endeared himself to many let alone win fav racing broadcaster.

By all means criticise Chapman for his work if you disagree with him, but bringing up allegations of how he may or may not have behaved in a personal situation through second hand gossip is poor form.

I have met him twice, once at Heathrow where he was perfectly affable and another in Galway when in the company of a young lady who was dragging HIM up to her bedroom. It looked to me that maybe he was the one going to be mis-treated in that instance....:whistle:

I have to say that I do enjoy his presenting style and energy and the fact that while fortright in his opinions is quick to express his limitations. Compared to some of the drones presenting racing he remains a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
Sorry but I have a first hand eye witness account of what he is like in person including an appalling display in a Newmarket Italian restaurant. He was very lucky he didn't get thumped by my partner. There is no excuse for blatant sexist abuse in public (or in private for that matter) - he was loud, obnoxious and intimidating.

So no - I don't think its poor form at all - you fawn over him all you want - its just my version is different.

How does that have anything to do with his job as a racing broadcaster? Then again, I'm not interested in what Ryan Giggs does off the pitch either.

How does that have anything to do with his job as a racing broadcaster?QUOTE]

When he is criticising another racing broadcaster for behaviour in an area in which his own conduct is not exactly whiter than white. Glass houses and stones and all that.

Chappers himself crossed the line there, fellas, by remarking on Big Mac's attitude and behaviour towards women on a programme that is about racing - not other people's bad attitudes, habits or manners.

And won at Brighton today. If that's quiet...

Oh, if anybody's in the area, the Dunlop yard has its open day this Sunday, from 10 a.m to 1 pm. There's an entry fee which goes directly to the Chestnut Tree Children's Hospice, where John is a patron and very strong supporter. I went a few years back and it was great - we saw horses first on the gallops and then could tour the stables.

Dale Gibson is thought of (especially by himself) as being a walking/talking form book, he knows it inside out, but he is so fucking boring.

In his last years as a jock he appeared on the racing channels and he always gave me the impression that he was auditioning for a job.

The fact that it is almost June and I hadn't spotted him I thought that it wasn't going to happen.

Sadly, for me at least, he was there at Redcar for Racing UK and he hit us with every cliche in the book.

His co-presenter for the afternoon was Tom O'Ryan and this pairing just points out the error of using past players as pundits.

Not the end of the world I accept but I've got to slag someone off, haven't I?

Originally, it was "Live Racing from Epsom" on BBC2 today. According to the official BBC site, the programme now consists of "Tennis semi-final between Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray. Plus the Oaks from Epsom."

I would regard that as a plus they will show only the races with vastly reduced amounts of Carson,wilshire and parrott

Racing is available uninterrupted on the red button when the tennis is on BBC2. They've done nothing wrong imo as it's a mouth watering day of tennis ahead as well as a decent Oaks card.

Racing is available uninterrupted on the red button when the tennis is on BBC2. They've done nothing wrong imo as it's a mouth watering day of tennis ahead as well as a decent Oaks card.

Which is fine when your Red Button works - which mine doesn't so hoorah! Sorry BBC but you are wrong here - you should have put the tennis on the red button not the other way round.

Disagree on this one, the French Open with a British player in a semi-final is a bigger event than the Oaks.

Back