Arse Cup

Just by way of observation, (and I'm reluctant to get drawn into this despite someone's best attempts to goad me). There's a subtle distinction that probably needs pointing out? Now I wouldn't wish to try and claim the high moral ground regarding the purity of posts etc as Internet land generates more than its fair share of borderline libelous insinuations. The difference is that a site that has the endorsement of a few up and coming jockeys as their USP, needs to be extremely careful, as I believe they have an obligation to avoid embarrasing their patrons, and associating their names with some of the allegations that were made against Trainers and owners a like. Now it's my best guess they don't read the site themselves, or if they do, not to any great extent? If they did I think they would have been concerned to see what had been written about the probity of what are essentially potential employers, given that their respective careers are far from assured.

As such the advent of a moderator is probably to be welcomed by all. I should also say its not me that has a fascination for the site concerned. Who starts the threads? why? and for what purpose? I've let my opinions on it be known, and that's all (Its principal amusement value for me, lies in the I.Ds of some of the posters, and their dual personalities/ alter egos).

I haven't looked in since the very first time it was put up on here, Warbler, but I hear that Rob has cleared out a lot of the type of postings you allude to. I think your points are well made vis-a-vis the type of site it is - it's essentially a fan site, rather than just a racing site, and it should be the priority of any such site to protect the integrity of the person or persons attributed. As you suggest, if you permit your name to be used to head up a site, you need to be careful of the content it contains, as there are other considerations inherent. As Rob now has a Moderator on control, I'm sure he'll be able to cull any trolls and idiots: they seem to have to infest every website at some time or another.

In general, I quite like Lee Mottershead, but if he doesn't stop talking about horses that have run at "Woolybags", I'm gonna slap an Arse Cup nomination on his head.

Richard Pitman on ATR yesterday. "we've got an interesting race next. A seller, a very bad one at that"

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Mar 7 2006, 01:39 PM
Is Jane Stickles now in the running for this?
Photo finish between Stickles and Thommo. Who wins will depend on the judge :lol:

Thats because shes only a part time arse and has had to be trained up by the jockey club to reach her level of arse-ness. She isnt a naturally talented arse like Pitman.

I'll admit she is sporadic in her arseing but she seems to be regaining her form of 7 years ago, if she keeps improving she could have a huge part to play in the finish.

I fear she may be withdrawn though. Her only chance of furthering her arse rating is particularly bad 'apology to the public and connections' speech in the next day or two.

Originally posted by uncle goober@Mar 7 2006, 02:39 PM
Her only chance of furthering her arse rating is particularly bad 'apology to the public and connections' speech in the next day or two.
Or another mistake like yesterdays :lol:

She won't be qualified as all contenders have to have some sort of position in racing. By the time that nominations have to be in she won't have one of those.

Let's put her in an Arse Claimer, and see if there's a syndicate which thinks she's still got a couple of seasons left...

Matt Chaparse scores extra points for arseness every time he mentions the horse Studmaster. The emphasis he puts on the words are cringe inducing and I was glad yesterday when my builders turned off the electricity for a few hours :lol:

Claude Duval, the punters pal, today

" I was talking to Ruby Walsh last night and he said that Denman is his banker of the meeting which is bad news for the Pipe team, who think Commercial Flyer will win the Sun Alliance Chase"

Genius.

Still not a patch on Thommo - did anyone else see what I'm sure must rank as one of his most cringeworthy performances to date when nominating his charity bet this morning. "Don't Call Me Derek of course!" he yelled, before going into a fit of bellowing "Don't Call Me Derek!!! Don't Call Me Derek!!!! Don't Call Me Derek!!!!!!" Oh dear....

Originally posted by Garney@Mar 11 2006, 09:59 AM
" I was talking to Ruby Walsh last night and he said that Denman is his banker of the meeting which is bad news for the Pipe team, who think Commercial Flyer will win the Sun Alliance Chase"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back