Arse Cup

Apologies to JdCF for pinching his observation from another forum, but I thought this was priceless

"She has come to English fences, like a young girl to love"

J P Gallorini - on Kario De Sormain :lol: :shy:

Thommo put today one of the 3 top arse performance of all time.
I can not see him beating it tomorrow in tomorrows morning line even trying his best.

It's a shame it's come to this, but I feel that Simon Holt should get his first mention in this thread after yesterdays performance. I noticed during his commentaries he made quite a few errors which were unusual for him. He seemed to be getting flustered. He told us Darkness had come down, and then a few moments later took it all back and said no he hasn't he's running on for third place. He said they were about to jump the water jump, when infact if he'd been paying attention he would've noticed that was the fence before. He also incorrectly named a horse in running, but can't recall which one but he did correct his mistake fairly quickly.

Not like you Languid One :unsure: At jumpings premier meeting we expect better.

Perhaps with over 500 horses running during the Festival, it's understandable he should get a bit flustered on occasions!

not in his prime though.

Looking back at the cheltenham memories on the racing post, Graham Goode's call of Coulton and Sullane River in the 95 Cathcart must rank as one of the worst of all time. I think the commentator's time at the top gets shorter and shorter - Cattermole and mcgrath were decent five years ago.

Holt calls hundreds of horses, day in, day out, year after year. How many of us performed every aspect of our own jobs without occasionally forgetting some employee's name, ringing up the wrong total on a register, or bringing the right file to a meeting, etc.? There's no such thing as 100% competence all the time - in spite of what Sir Alan Sugar thinks! :D Personally, I thought Cattermole did a terrific job with his huge field, and especially in the low, bright light.

Originally posted by sunybay@Mar 16 2006, 04:01 PM
He is simply unstoppable at the moment

the interview he has done 2 min ago surpassed the ML performance.
.....and he's just gone back for more!!!! Sterling performance, absolutely sterling.

The interview with they guy with the eighteen straight losers was cringemaking.
And how come his losses amount to over "four figures" and his equally dense looking mate only had a fiver on the winner of the stayers :brows: Very poor tv.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Mar 16 2006, 04:48 PM

And how come his losses amount to over "four figures" and his equally dense looking mate only had a fiver on the winner of the stayers :brows: Very poor tv.
Exactly
Thats the same I was thinking.

That punter has to be a complete actor - ffs, if you'd been doing your conkers you'd hardly be in the mood to let Thommo rip the piss out of you! You'd mutter f**k off and storm off!

Back