Arse Cup

That shite graphic with the yellow diamond (or whatever) effect for the runners board that appears on the Beeb - very irritating.

I cannot believe that was just transmitted on the BBC. I would sack him for that straight away if i was head of BBC sport.

I felt a bit sorry for Presad just now, but it was funny.

"Here's a lady whose had a bet in this race (the Queen Mary) and what's your name?"
"Sheila"
Presad laughs.... (not a particular funny name I thought)
"You just told me it was Roxanne, I think i've been stitched up. So why did you pick her then?" (Presad desperately trying to salvage something from the interview - but little does he realise he's also had the misfortune to stumble into someone with the communication skills of a mono syllabic non entity)
"Cos of the name" - (standard non racing answer)
"And how do you think she'll go on the ground?"
"It's good. Yes"

Presad decides to cut his loses as she's left smiling away at having got her fizzog on the gogglebox. In truth I don't think there's anything he could have done to extract more than a few coherent words from her, but she clearly told him that was her name, and he bought it.

Shows the dumbing down of racing coverage that they cut away from a preview of the Quuen mary for that crap .

And another thing the stupid poncy camera shots for the racing review - why can't we see the proper finishes . :angy:

Originally posted by Warbler@Jun 21 2006, 03:14 PM
I felt a bit sorry for Presad just now, but it was funny.

"Here's a lady whose had a bet in this race (the Queen Mary) and what's your name?"
"Sheila"
Presad laughs.... (not a particular funny name I thought)
"You just told me it was Roxanne, I think i've been stitched up. So why did you pick her then?" (Presad desperately trying to salvage something from the interview - but little does he realise he's also had the misfortune to stumble into someone with the communication skills of a mono syllabic non entity)
"Cos of the name" - (standard non racing answer)
"And how do you think she'll go on the ground?"
"It's good. Yes"

Presad decides to cut his loses as she's left smiling away at having got her fizzog on the gogglebox. In truth I don't think there's anything he could have done to extract more than a few coherent words from her, but she clearly told him that was her name, and he bought it.
That was brilliant, I particularly enjoyed the, "So, what do you make of the new grandstand?", and the reply was, "Yes it'll win".

Why does the BBC persist in these vox pops with the feeble-minded? What purpose do they think they serve?

Persad is just a brown version of Luke Harvey.

Talking of which, on radio 5 this morning the giggling retard was twittering on about some "girlfriend" he was supposed to be taking to Ascot today. No analysis of any of the races, no reflection on Takeover Target's win in the King's Stand yesterday. Why isn't this fool sacked?

i remember seeing persad at the lockinge back in '04 & he was with the most beautiful girl, not sure how he does it. still some women are easily pleased :P

"he was with the most beautiful girl, not sure how he does it."

Here are a few clues........££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

The ATR coverage ain't bad. Before you all shout remember it's free to air. (there's a horse called that by the way). The BBC is aiming at general pubuc not racing anoraks.

Back