Arse Cup

New Nomination....

In today's Sunday Telegraph, Brough Scott mistakenly refers to 'Our Vic' as 'Old Vic' not once, not twice, but five times in the same article!

He also managed to get it right on five occasions. Messy.

Did I hear right, that The Supreme Arse of Our Time today claimed that Hywel Davies 'won the Grand National here'..... whilst commentating from Fontwell Park?

It wouldn't surprise me - he likes to drop these things in to show that he remains supreme .

I didn't catch the Hywel Davis comment but he did harp on about the fact that the young jockey, D Jacob, was the son of a fisherman. Twice in a matter of seconds he managed to regale us with that remark. Made me wonder what the poor boys mother did for a living :lol:

OF MANY COLOURS !!! I'll bet................ :P :lol:sorry was JOSEPH not Jacob!! one that back fired...... :o

..........................................................................................................

ARKERS or?? could really have taken the biscuit !!! so to speak............ :rolleyes:

I had a shocking conversation with my boss Pat today. He is of the opinion that Carson is a bigger arse than Thommo! :o Surely he's the only man alive with that opinion?

Mill House to Arkle I reckon - Carson can show some flashy arseform on the BBC but when faced with himsefl would be seen simply to be an irritating little hill of arse nowhere near the Everest of Arse - Thommo

So we have

Thommo
Carson
Chapman
Dale McKeown
Graham
Stevenson ( surely long odds on for the Arse Oaks )

any other nominations

'In the last race, the favourite's backers would certainly have had their hearts in their chests.'

Derek Thompson, Channel 4

note: The King of Arse was the only so called racing commentator to get in the Obsevers list of daft sporting quotes

Originally posted by Ardross@Nov 14 2005, 05:45 PM
So we have

Thommo
Carson
Chapman
Dale McKeown
Graham
Stevenson ( surely long odds on for the Arse Oaks )

any other nominations
Where's Pitman??

This is the list for me:

Thommo
Carson
Chapman
Dale McKeown
Luke Harvey
John francome
Zoey Bird
Pitman

I would like to nominate Luke Harvey. He must have the highest arse quotient of any radio sports broadcaster at present operating.

His giggling and gabbling, his inabilty/refusal to give any narrative to the sport, his irritating habit of prefixing every horse's name with "it's a horse called" must surely make him a worthy candidate for your votes.

Apart from all this, here are two recent pieces of evidence:

1. When asked a few Saturdays ago why the Brighton bandit meeting was starting so early at 11am, he replied "They're trying to attract a new kind of racegoer".

2. Last week he claimed that L Piggott had ridden the winner of the Triumph Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.

But Luke has ridden a winner of a Grand National, alright it was the Welsh one and it was on a future Gold Cup winner who was carrying 10 stone.

No prize for the first correct answer on the name of the horse.

Although I agree with all the nominations so far I would still like to read some more of the 'evidence' or arse form of the runners, particularly those whose arse is appearing for the first time (is virgin arse allowed?). Everyone doesn't see RUK or even ATR so we need regular arse updates. We are desperately short of quality female arses IMHO.

I would like to nominate Alex Hammond's for the Arse Cup............ooooooerrr Missus.

Seriuosly though, with the possible exception of Lydia dearest, all the women I have seen presenting on the racing channels are a total waste of space, Alice Fox-Spitt a real highflyer. But none of them really stand a chance against the men. I hope that isn't looked upon as a sexist statement.

Originally posted by DIVER@Nov 14 2005, 07:13 PM
....... particularly those whose arse is appearing for the first time (is virgin arse allowed?).....

Perhaps we could have an 'arse maiden' stakes?

Back