Arse Cup

Originally posted by an capall@Nov 20 2005, 12:47 PM
My family were emerging from a Japanese restaurant near San Diego several years ago. The owner asked my mother would she like help with her coat. "Why?" she replied., "is there a Nip in the air?"
I hope the chicken was rubbery.

I'm sorry to have to withdraw my nomination of Matt "Boy Band" Champan as a contender for the Arse Cup, he admitted he made a mistake and apologised yesterday, something a true Arse would never do.

He tried to recover some of the lost ground by actually "holding up my hands" on screen but by then it was much too late.

An Arse Cup nomination must go to the judge/result announcer at Cheltenham. After The Robin Cook Gold Cup, he announced;

"First number 17, Sir OJ" (pronounced "Sir Odge")

Dear oh dear. A horse wins one of Cheltenham's biggest races of the year and he doesn't know how to pronouce its f*cking name. The commentator must have bellowed "Sir O-Jay" out at least 5 or 6 times in the last 30 seconds of the race - so why on Earth did the doddery old bugger think it should be "Sir Odge"? Had he fallen asleep?

What an Arse.

I've witnessed many a Cheltenham Roar on Supreme Novice Hurdle day, but that was my first Cheltenham Groan.

Thommo was in superb arse form yesterday on the ML saying that there would be a capacity crowd at Cheltenham !

Matt Chapman was well up there again this morning - in fact he spent a long time right up David Johnsons backside even calling him "DJ" while speaking to him on the phone - he'll be cosying up with Sheikh Mohammed next and caling him MO! Had to switch chnnels after he looked like going into a long one about a cup of tea.

He is a totoal moron - (Allegedly!)

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Dec 11 2005, 12:23 PM

Imagine spending any length of time in his company. :angy:

I have sadly spent a bit of time in the very same :o Even managed dinner at a nice italian restaurant in Newmarket when he was going out with a friend of mine. As he spent the entire evening belittling her and calling her fat and ugly, he was extremely lucky to walk out unscathed as my b/f was sorely tempted. I have also had the pleasure of his vocal tones when booking Dazzler (I'll win on it next time) Holland

Overheard him at Folkestone this summer introducing his fiance to someone - is she mad???????!!!!!!!! Does she not watch ATR?

You're not wrong about Thommo's performance on the Morning Line - had the office in stitches. The winner by a country mile was when he was talking about the King George, trying to persuade people to go. "It's not at Kempton this year, it's at Sandown as the builders are in. So don't go turning up at Kempton on Boxing Day, ho, ho, ho"!!!

....not to mention that 3-way photooooooooooooooooo at Huntingdon the other day.

I suspect that Thommo actually ejaculated as they crossed the line.

I was thinking this morning to post back in this topic after Thmmos performance in the HK retransmision.

It was surrealist when he was laughing on the race comentator of the Japan Cup when he is much more inept calling races than the other could be even trying.

Another outstanding performance of the Arse Champion!!!!

Was thinking the same Suny, he does love his photo finish calls...

The bit where Jason Weaver mis-spoke "big pric... big picture" and Thommo refused to leave it alone was cringeworthy.

And the usual about loose horses after Sam Whaley Cohen had come off Perle La Puce.

I'm just mightily relieved he wasn't commentating at Chelters Friday.
Can u imagine him as Va Vavoom came to pounce on Mark Equal and Lord Dundaniel at the last fence in the lucky last.

The Sir Odge call make Tommo seem quite normal. I couldn't believe it. Then again knowing the plonkers given such jobs it's understandable.

Jinny - I hope your friend dumped the turnip soon after the dinner? Of course, the best recourse is to look lovingly at the fool, and say, "Why, yes, darling, you're right - as you always are. I AM fat. I AM ugly. But then, look whose choice of date I am." (With pointing finger and undisguised snigger.)

I see Chapman's wearing his Makybe Diva cap and racing post jacket at Folkestone,thank god we don't have the sound on at work to hear him wittering on.

Tragically no, Jon. She put up with quite alot more abuse including physical before her parents wisely stepped in (with a little nudging from myself). She then moved onto one even worse and has since suffered a nervous breakdown.

I reckon calling the Robin Cook winner 'Sir Odge' is OK until the owner or trainer comes forward and tells us what it should be. It appears on most cards as "Sir Oj", with the 'j' in lower case. It may down to a typo when registering but at least we should be told otherwise we need to go on the rules we were taught at school.

Having said that, it's another instance where the obvious thing is for the broadcasting channel to find out in advance and make sure they tell the presenters and the viewing public.

Credit to Radio 2's news presenters. They clearly go out of their way to pronounce foreign names and words correctly.

You beat me to it, Arkers! Matt Chapman is putting up a fine Arse performance in that ridiculous baseball cap at Folkestone today. His "back to Boycie in the Booth" did make me cringe somewhat!

Arrgghhh - he gets worse!!!!

"I've finally been let out of The Booth to go racing - but it's the Christmas Party tonight so they've obviously done it so I can't go"

[or words to that effect]

Funnily enough, he's probably not a million miles from the truth....

According to Darrell Williams on the evening show he went straight to the do from Folkestone.
I wonder if when he arrived anyone piped up:-

'Looks guy the pizza's arrived!' (as one of two ppl have said he looked like a pizza delivery boy in that cap and jacket)

Back