Arse Cup

Whilst not quite in the class of calling the wrong horse (a la Newbury & Windsor) you would have thought that Mike Cattermole would be aware that Louis-Philippe Beuzelin has already had a winner in the UK.
Very poor show (not that many of the sell out crowd at Sandown there tonight would be aware of his latest gaffe).

Mike Tucker (eventing) is doing my head in. The Beeb filmwork is pissing me off to - we want to see them jumping the obstacles, not the sodding overhead pictures from the helicopter from which we can see nothing!

.....and France could still come up yet.....some hope, Tucker!! They've only three riders to rely on (best three scores count) when everyone else has five.

I know it's a racing arse cup but can I nominate Tucker on the equestrian theme anyway? Please?!?!

...and now he's changed his mind after a Fench rider received 20 penalty points for a refusal, stating the bleedin' obvious that they'll struggle for a medal.

At this rate I will have to turn the sound off so I can't hear the idiot.

Which of them was it that commented Shane Rose's time wasn't anything special before being reminded that it was, in fact, the fastest round of the day?

Matt Chapman....

Sea The Stars wins the maiden and Chapman says the horse is by Cape Cross who is not a stamina influence. He then goes and lists off horses by Cape Cross...Oasis Dream, Desert Lord etc etc saying they are all speed horses and Cape Cross never had a staying Group 1 winner in Europe. Thankfully someone clearly corrected him and pointed out he was talking about Green Desert.....Cape Cross has sired Ouija Board.

Please God, please!!!!!

....and for the love of God will the Beeb put Tucker out to grass?? He's commentating on all the equestrian disciplines and gets more annoying by the minute!

Dale McKeown, every time I hear this man on ATR I wonder how he got the job and how the hell he hangs on to it.

Last night he was suggesting a reason for the success of Welsh trainers (Vaughan, Williams, Thorpe etc.) in this part of the NH season as being perhaps down to the fact that the weather in Wales hasn't been as bad as the rest of the country.

I think we have had two dry days in the last three weeks!

I feel Angus McNae deserves a mention.

There was a horse running at Newmarket yesterday called Greenisland.

Angus insisted on calling the horse Green-IZ-land even after the rest of the team had called it as Green Island.

I believe he was a better trainer than he is a presenter, bit of a bluffer, in my opinion.

Isn't it about time 'Clod' was put out to grass,he gave us the hot news (in his words) at Lingfield this afternoon that Mossbank was out for the season.

'Tepid' more like as said news was in today's RP!!!

Which reminds me;

The Observers Tattenham Corner, under the sub headline "Thommo's Great Gaffe"

"Derek Thompson's presence as raceday host and paddock announcer at Great Leighs caused its usual mixture of humour and embarrasment as the Essex track hosted a three-day Summer Carnival last week. One particularly cringeworthy moment came when the Channel 4 presenter, meandering around the winner's enclosure with a microphone spotted a man in a wheelchair. After a bit of general banter, Thommo asked him: 'So tell me about this machine, how fast does it go?' On getting the reply 'About 3 miles per hour', Thommo guffawed: 'Ho ho, I hope your tips go faster'."

Duval was unbearable today, couldn't get his words out, repeated himself numerous times word for word and generally had nothing of any worth to say whilst being all smug and self satisfied, who the hell books him to appear on ATR?!?

McCririck is driving me insane here on ATR arguing Gull Wing backers should be refunded as she refused to race. Correct me if I'm right but the start is a part of the race.

I wish Doncaster was a RUK track!

Muppet!! - you'd get not only a Rule 4 on a 7/4 shot, but e/w bakers would lose 3rd place money.

All for the antics of a filly I wouldn't have backed today with stolen money - why on earth should people who didn't take the risk to back her lose out, while those who did risk it dont lose out?

Makes no sense at all to me!

Back