Arse Cup

The book will be formed on the basis that all horses take part HS. Any non-runners influence this and as such a take-out is required.

Would you prefer that those who backed the filly got a proportion of their money back despite not getting a run whilst those who didn´t take advantage of the enhanced odds they are gaining at the expense of the bookmaker and other punters?

No I would NOT prefer that as I've said on numerous occasions!

when I strike a bet it's in the form of a contract imo - I'm taking the odds on offer, int he circumstances as they are when I strike the bet. If I dismiss a horse, as a dodgy or hopeless prospect, I don't then want its antics at the start f*cking up MY bet.

In any case this horse indisputably DID take part - the stall opened and she went a few yards. People who chose to back something other than this filly are NOT imo getting 'enhanced odds' - they are getting the odds at which they struck the bet. Fair enough.

Caveat Emptor. If I choose to back a horse which plays up at the start, or plants itself in the stalls - and I have! - so be it. I lose my money.

So far as I'm concerned, once "At the Post" is posted, all bets should stand
Rule 4s are the biggest thing to put me off betting, esp as I usually back e/w - and I won't back e/w in 7 runner races

Heads, I don't think Gull Wing had any previous did she?!

I remember her winning very gamely at Nottingham in this sort of ground.

Obviously a lot of people thought differently to you, in that there was quite a bit of money for her, and Jason Weaver actually napped her!;)

I agree with you that if the horse enters the stalls and the stalls open all bets should stand as is.

As regards the contract you enter in to - you enter that contract with the bookmaker on the understanding that the odds reflect the horses chance provided ALL runners take part. Most bookies no longer do the 5p Rule 4 so provided a withdrawn horse is at 10/1 on the shows or in the early prices then you won´t have anything taken off your bet.

McCririck is indeed a muppet; he demands punters are refunded, but fails to understand that they would be compensated by the winning punters and not some mythical "unlucky punters fund"; it's pointless suggesting that bookmakers make this refund as it isn't in their remit and the only way of doing so would be as a calculated PR stunt or by penalising winners.

In fairness, I feel the same about those who demand coupling of horses in betting markets ~ if you want to back all related runners, knock yourself out, but don't go whining because the horse you thought would win didn't ~ that's why we call it gambling!

"How about Tim Vaughan for his pink jumper and saying it was his favourite colour, lol

Oh sorry that should be "takes it up the arse" cup." :D

Chris, if you knew his wife, Abbi, you might understand that remark.

I believe she is carrying their second child.

"How about Tim Vaughan for his pink jumper and saying it was his favourite colour, lol

Oh sorry that should be "takes it up the arse" cup." :D

Chris, if you knew his wife, Abbi, you might understand that remark.

I believe she is carrying their second child.

It was a joke meaning Pink, the associated colour with homosexual males, to hear a bloke say his favourite colour is pink, is rather amusing.

Not a racing connection but I would like to nominate the pillock in government who has cut A&E target times from 4 hours to 2 hours. The A&E teams simply admit the more severe cases because they do not have time to treat them properly and fill up all the beds throughout the Hospital. Furthermore, unless severe i.e. displaced, fractures are merely bandaged until patients can be seen in a Fracture Clinic, usually 2/3 days later, because it takes longer to apply a plaster cast. We have had 3 such this week, 1 of which was an ankle fracture that displaced whilst in the bandage, leading to surgical fixation. Time saved; money wasted.

Not a racing connection but I would like to nominate the pillock in government who has cut A&E target times from 4 hours to 2 hours. The A&E teams simply admit the more severe cases because they do not have time to treat them properly and fill up all the beds throughout the Hospital. Furthermore, unless severe i.e. displaced, fractures are merely bandaged until patients can be seen in a Fracture Clinic, usually 2/3 days later, because it takes longer to apply a plaster cast. We have had 3 such this week, 1 of which was an ankle fracture that displaced whilst in the bandage, leading to surgical fixation. Time saved; money wasted.

Well said Redhead - they do a hard enough job as it is without stupid target setting idiots in government.

My daughter is now a nurse. Lazy lumps the lot of them. All the target change means is that less copies of Hello will be stolen from the hospital tuck shop.

ATR trying to talk up Great Leighs winner Ceremonial Jade as a contender for the Breeders Cup Sprint...Compo wrecks my head but at least he had the sense to point out how far removed he is from that standard.

First line of Jon Lees' article on page 2 of today's Racing Post;

"There was no evidence of team tactics yesterday..."

...so...er...Honoured Guest ran completely on his own merits then?

Shads, yer man Anthony Kemp was linking yesterday's coverage from the studio for RUK.

It was a long afternoon's viewing.

I wonder how someone call a horse whose name is Decameron..........DEKKER-MERRON???????:eek:

Shads, yer man Anthony Kemp was linking yesterday's coverage from the studio for RUK.

It was a long afternoon's viewing.

I wonder how someone call a horse whose name is Decameron..........DEKKER-MERRON???????:eek:

Trust me Colin, if you can find a decent price (anything odds against is value!!!!!!) Campo is worth backing to be a long reining Arse of the future. He doesn't get the widespread public coverage yet but when he does, he will be unstoppable. A true Arse, in fact a Classic contender. Hells bells, he's a short price to land a triple crown!

Back