Arse Cup

Can I also nominate the BBC Ceefax journalist that wrote, after their recent 1-2 defeat by Tottenham, that Newcastle [United] had hit "a new low"?

Has he never heard of this man?

_41318649_ardiles203.jpg

Big Mac working himself into a tizzy over the "old-fashioned coup" on Eagle Mountain...

Alastair Down also deserves a mention for taking a cheap pot-shot at the Minister for Sport after interviewing him (yet failing to challenge his answer during the interview).

trackside528;283171) Alastair Down also deserves a mention for taking a cheap pot-shot at the Minister for Sport after interviewing him (yet failing to challenge his answer during the interview).[/quote said:
I thought exactly the same about Down where he followed up his cheap shot the day before at the stewards for suspending Fortune for 10 days as Down apparently had seen a lot worse but the jockeys failed to get any suspension but he failed to give any examples.
You've got to question how much racing the bloke actually watches as he freely admits he has neither racing channel at home.

The BBC team seem to think it is impossible for the French betting public to have knowledge of the British form and back a UK horse if they feel fit. Any UK horse being backed in the Abbeye is being backed by the British on track!!

The BBC team seem to think it is impossible for the French betting public to have knowledge of the British form and back a UK horse if they feel fit. Any UK horse being backed in the Abbeye is being backed by the British on track!!

Well, if the French public are as thick as the French press (33 of 36 tipsters going for Zarkava) they may well be right.

Loughran is a moron in betting matters ~ he's told viewers that if they have had a bet at home on PMU prices your bet will have to stand. That is utter rubbish and the fact that he's worked for a high street bookmaker for years is clearly lost on him. Bets placed in the PMU pools will stand but plenty of punters will have cash bets in shops requesting "PMU" on the slip which bookies will be happy to refund as they are going nowhere near the pool.

I have no idea how Loughran survives. Not only is he embarassingly clueless over betting matters and betting markets, he is also a bankrupt "betting expert*", an oxymoron if ever I've come across one. Only the BBC could be that ironic.

*Allegedly.

Try playing the annual guess who the BBC team have backed for the Arc competition. After last years performance by Jim McGrath who practically commentated Soldier of Fortune round single handedly making the occasional reference to other horses, it shouldn't be too difficult. I fear however, that Angus might have kyboshed Youmzain after that interview with Damien Walker.

"What news for Youmzain. Is the money coming after out interview with Mick Channon?" . Walker hesitates and doesn't really commit himself. "Well is one win in ten really the strike rate of an Arc winner?". But Angus is having none of it, enthusiatically diving in with "Yes but it was very good wasn't it, and only just down the road from here".

Loughran trying to ramp prices?

I have no idea how Loughran survives. Not only is he embarassingly clueless over betting matters and betting markets, he is also a bankrupt "betting expert*", an oxymoron if ever I've come across one. Only the BBC could be that ironic.

*Allegedly.

I should point out that the "allegedly" in the previous post relates to the word expert and not bankrupt. Just in case you wondered. ;)

Where Chapman is just a **** Carson is a useless one. All horses including geldings can run in the Arc according to him.

Is there a possible conflict of interest with Statto being the BBC's betting "expert" as well as Blue Square's PR manager?

The day should not pass without mention of Luke Harvey, I don't mind him normally particularly compared to the likes of Chapman but what a complete arse he made of himself today following his interview with Dupre.
According to Luke it rained non stop all night at Longchamp and he had never spoken to a trainer as pessimistic as Dupre before, I've heard similar interviews hundreds of times before and didn't Luke used to work for Tim Forster?
Luke followed up by stating Dupre should withdraw Zarkava from The Arc as there was absolutely nothing to gain from running her on the ground, even Cattermole couldn't believe his ears.

Back