Arse Cup

suny - you were just there before me

The next question ought to have been - Is the world flat ? or is the moon made of cheese ?

on the morning line, the guy who won monkey business went for ALBUHERA (6-4 shot at the time) and Thomma asked if he wanted it e/w or win?????

I can understand that one. If I was given a 500 free bet I would be very tempted to get at least somethng back for my money and (as Relkeel knows) I am a poofter anyway!!

Still doesn't beat his performance on the Morning Line this morning -

[looking towards Francome & Cattermole]"Do you text? Are you good with your fingers?" :lol:

as well as other pearlers - like "text Monkey to number x, thats EM-OH-EN-KAY-EE-WHY"

He really was in rare form this morning!

I dont follow All weather racing but this morning while studying the form I had the TV on and ATR was shoing the replais of yesterdays dirt racing,Thommo was the commentator and he was the commantator, he put a pair of performance of his own,this guy has no limits.

Setting new standards again with his attempt to interview Tony Dobbin.

"Oh come on..."

Yeag like he wants to speak after that. Jaysus

Tony Dobbin might be in trouble . It looked to me , although I could be mistaken , that he hit the horse when it was coming up the walkway, in anger

Think Tommo was completely right to approach him and ask him......we all wanted to know what happened to the horse. Tough luck if the jockey was in a sour mood...a simple explanation would have been easy enough to give assuming there was one. Its not as if Tony Dobbin is a low profile jockey....he has plenty of big wins so while obviously rightly disappointed perhaps a more professional attitude would help.

I saw that too Ardross.

Thommo can not stop today

Now he says he hopes Pipe gives the right instructions to his 4 jockeys and this handicap and not to the others.

he is a machine.

ive always disagreed with presenters speaking to the jockey after the race, the owner & trainer should be first in line & the rest of us at the back of the queue.

Tony Dobbin got a 1 day ban for what Ardross pointed out on the walk in. Prat.

I heard that too AC....A Down was standing beside him when he said it and when the cameras came back on you could see he was gob smacked!

ive always disagreed with presenters speaking to the jockey after the race, the owner & trainer should be first in line & the rest of us at the back of the queue.

While not a big fan of those type of interviewers either.....does that mean Ferguson or the players should discuss the match with the Glazers before the media....Marinio to the Russian....or Schumacher to Ferrari.....etc etc. The interviews themselves are not very helpful (hard to interview most jockeys on foot let alone off the ground) but I do not think racing should be treated any different to others sports in this respect.

I think in fairness to the supreme Arse, there was a context. Although his napping of the Steelers based on the fact that the Super bowl was being played in Detroit City, and that Pittsburgh play in Terry Warners colours was improvised arseness, and it is this unpredictable ability to see things that no one else can, that will ensure that Tommo sets the standard, that aspiring arses can only hope to achieve.

I imagine Dobbin was worried he might be asked about why he hit the horse on the walkway .I think one day is far too lenient.

Originally posted by Galileo@Feb 4 2006, 04:44 PM
While not a big fan of those type of interviewers either.....does that mean Ferguson or the players should discuss the match with the Glazers before the media....Marinio to the Russian....or Schumacher to Ferrari.....etc etc. The interviews themselves are not very helpful (hard to interview most jockeys on foot let alone off the ground) but I do not think racing should be treated any different to others sports in this respect.
It's not really the same though - racehorses are hardly public commodities, and as the bill payer of a particular horse I'd be pretty pissed off if Thommo were to hear from the jockey's mouth why my expensive horse disappointed & cost me money after a beating whilst I was still in the dark. Similar for the trainer really - they are training the horse & putting the work in, so I think it is only good manners for connections to hear what is what before the hacks.

This new, fashionable type of in-yer-face journalism is ever so intrusive, and unnecessary - not just in racing either. What is the harm in waiting 2 minutes for the connections to talk in private before having a camera shoved in their face?

I'm with you entirely on this, Shads.

In my opinion more of the jocks should follow Robert Thornton's example, he refuses to speak to anyone before he's spoken to connections.

I don't like the C4 mike in the face interview technique but Dobbin was petulant today . If a jockey has made and notified a decision not to do them generally that is one thing . Not doing it because you are in a strop is another .

After a ride like that I don't reckon you'd be overly joyous to see Thommo thrusting a microphone in your face either! :lol:

Seriously, I don't think these presenters should be allowed to pester the jocks when they are mounted on a horse.

Back