Arse Cup

I'm very sorry to hear that, jinny - what ghastly luck with her choices your poor friend made. I hope she's managed to recover. My mother has a friend who racked up two manipulative users in a row, unfortunately marrying the second one, who was a professor of something really obscure, and took the greatest delight in humiliating her as often as possible. He seems to have married her in order to get a full-time psychological punchbag. My mother helped her through the worst of it and the divorce, but it's very odd - her friend seemed to feel that after they'd split up, she was to blame for being 'less intelligent' than her husband. He'd brain-washed her very thoroughly.

Apparently, some viewers thought Chappedarse looked like Nikki Lauda! He was revelling in this until the studio mercilessly went on about his pizza-delivery boy appearance, which was hilarious. I wonder if any of them actually like this little oilpot?

Thought Matt Arseman was particularly cringesome whilst interviewing Sam Thomas, on a number of occassions he referred to Sam being the best-looking jockey in the game. And perhaps even worse Sam didn't demur.

Sick-bag please!

Why oh why cannot Chief Arse not say Jean-Pierre Guillambert normally like every other human being ??

Why oh why does it have to Jean PeeeeeeAIR GuueeeeLLLAAAMMMBBBBBBEEEAAAARRRR ??

Grow up you Arse !

Originally posted by Bob Branch@Dec 16 2005, 02:48 PM
Why oh why cannot Chief Arse not say Jean-Pierre Guillambert normally like every other human being ??

Why oh why does it have to Jean PeeeeeeAIR GuueeeeLLLAAAMMMBBBBBBEEEAAAARRRR ??

Grow up you Arse !
Because Bob - and you really should have been paying attention the other day - it rhymes with Camembert - which is one of his FAVOURITE cheeses. Its so blindingly obvious!

Originally posted by Arkwright@Dec 16 2005, 09:31 PM
The only comparison I can make between Chaparse and cheese is that they both make me feel sick.
Obviously Dazzler doesn't agree with you there, Arkers, as they are to be blissfully reunited as agent and jock next season. Cue more nauseating remarks from Chaparse.

Why if so many on here don't appreciate his obvious talents do you not e-mail him with appropriate comments?

Because he'd be like any attention-seeker, jinnyj, and only gloat about how many people were taking notice of him, however negative their opinions! Followed up by supreme cheesiness, more than we could humanly bear, in smug, daily, asides like, "maybe they have a point, but look who's got this job, and where are you? Sitting around drinking your cocoa and finding the smallest things to whinge about, you sad, sad little people...." No, no, no. I think for our own mental health, we should contain ourselves to ranting safely on here! :D

He is putting up a stupendous challenge to the big two Thommo and Carson we tend to foget about Carson in the winter - rather like sunburn and wasps - one of summer's few downsides

Despite the fact that Monsieur Doumen speaks immaculate English (better than a few so called English trainers I could mention) was I alone in thinking I heard Le Derek Thompson wish him good luck in French when signing off his interview? and if so why did he choose to do it? was he being polite? or did he want to show off? or could it be that he's an arse who couldn't resist showing off?

Maybe it was because Doumen is French <_<

For all Thommo deserves 99% of the criticism he gets on here, I don't see the slightest thing wrong with wishing Doumen good luck in French, even if that is the limit of his ability.

Quite so, Mo. The last two "arse" contributions seem to me to be some way wide of the mark. I can see there's a need for some quality control here!

Francome was clearly joking, and although Thommo has a lot to answer for, wishing Doumen "bonne chance" seems a pretty reasonable thing for an interviewer to say. I don't believe Thommo is a French speaker, but why on earth being able to utter a standard phrase or two in a foreign language should be regarded as "showing off" is beyond me.

Now, had he wished Luca Cumani "bonne chance" before a big race, then ca ferait une bouilloire des poissons entierement differente.

Good ol' Thommo does it again - "He won that very nicely" he says to Andy Thornton on The Listener. Did he watch the race?!

I agree with Thommarse. He did do it nicely. Always in the van, jumped soundly and beat off all challengers.

Thommo, reading out the runners and riders for the Sussex National today:

"Number ten is Mulligatawny and I don't mean the soup, I mean the horse".

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jan 1 2006, 02:19 PM
Good ol' Thommo does it again - "He won that very nicely" he says to Andy Thornton on The Listener. Did he watch the race?!
And Thorntons Reply? "he won ugly today Derek".

Now that 2005 has come to pass incidentally, was a vote ever taken on this subject? or is due in April or something?

Yes, I caught that one too Ven - and delivered the requisite amount of abuse to the TV screen!

Sorry DIVER, but I can't agree at all with you there - he made real heavy weather of winning today. As Warbler says, even Andy Thornton disagreed with him!

I wouldn't want my jockey telling the handicapper, the vampires and the punters that the horse had loads left in the tank and never felt as though he would get beaten. Playing a crafty game was Mr Thornton. I didn't get to be Head of Conspiracy Theorists Anonymous by missing ploys like that.

The Listener is a seriously better jumper than Darkness. The Cheltenham going on 15th March is very unlikely to suit him though.

I am still searching for the RSA 'Chase winner.

Back