Arse Cup

Lorna Bradburne - Prix Vermeel for crying out loud - she is sharing the studio with a Frenchman . Where have they dug her out from ? is everyone else at RUK on hols?

As if her terrible loud annoucing style on Rowley Mile was not bad enough

I'm not a huge fan TBH. I was watching ATR and was getting annoyed at Chaparses pronnunciation of the Prix Foy. And as for the all over the place cameras - first you were at Longchamp, then cut to the Curragh, suddenley Ffos Las then back Curragh, Longchamp - I got seasick!

As bad as Chaparse's guttural 'Preefwargh' for the Prix Foy. Can't they be given pronunciation sheets, as per the Beeb's presenters? It's too bad they don't make the effort to pronounce Irish horses' names properly, as well as French, Italian, etc. It's not as if we've only just discovered these countries, and have no idea how their natives speak. We just look like doughnuts.

Oh, and all but the race caller with 'Sanz Frunteers' yesterday... you expect that from the Americans, not the Brits.

Last edited:
Some of the stick that C4 Racing gets is undeserved but I thought their camerawork in the first half of yesterday's Leger was very poor indeed, focusing as it did almost exclusively on Rewilding. It was clear Simon Holt wasn't happy about it, either.

Some of the stick that C4 Racing gets is undeserved but I thought their camerawork in the first half of yesterday's Leger was very poor indeed, focusing as it did almost exclusively on Rewilding. It was clear Simon Holt wasn't happy about it, either.

Agreed - it was idiotic. I hate close up shots of supposedly two horses in a finish and we miss the others - including the one finishing like a train , the one badly hampered and the one the jockey drops his hands on .

Prime examples today from Ireland where we focussed on the jockeys' flared nostrils while Dessie screamed that the contending horse had fallen - not that we saw it, the fall, or the rest of the field again until they were pulling up post-line. It just beggars belief at times. Tiny distance shots of what look like toy ponies, then a stonking great close-up where everything that is often very important is out of the frame. Bring back the old-time tracking shots! Seems that with five or more cameras at many courses we still can't get to follow the race.

The Sunday Forum format - I actually like the show but they need to vary the guests as the same topics (naturally arise) so we are just hearing the same views again. Duval and Lee spouting the same lines on the same topics another week.

Especially Duval a complete arse and Alan Lee has very fixed set views that are tedious to hear.

Chris McGrath, Greg Wood etc seldom seem to be on nowadays .

Mick Fitzgerald, standing with Gary Wiltshire doing the betting on the Beeb today.

Is there anything this man won't do for money?

Carson interrupting Balding mid flow here when talking about Harbinger about how he's cold and he's putting his coat on. She treated him with the contempt he deserves!

Lapses of memory happen to us all but it was somewhat surprising to hear Mike Cattermole's suggestion on ATR yesterday, after the Royal Lodge, that Entrepreneur was a Guineas winner sired by Galileo.

No marks for Balding for failing to cross-examine that oily bloke about the drawbacks to the new Champions Day sloppy journalism

Picture in Irish field Of Jessie harrington being presented with an award by a guy from redmills at Listowel.

One of the most recognisable landmarks in Ireland over her shoulder.The tower at the Curragh camp.

Looked as though ATR presenters were having a day of yesterday at Ascot Miz or is it mrs Hammond was very lightwieght on her own.

According to Thommo "Christophe Lemaire rides Arc favourite Beckermet". Wow - I didn't Ruth Carr's 70 rated sprinter was running in the 1m4f Arc and was favourite. Must have been impressive at home on the gallops :D

According to Thommo "Christophe Lemaire rides Arc favourite Beckermet". Wow - I didn't Ruth Carr's 70 rated sprinter was running in the 1m4f Arc and was favourite. Must have been impressive at home on the gallops :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Back