Arse Cup

C4_zps495a5b67.jpg

How many viewers would they expect on a day when people work?

Channel 4 racing today - Gina Bryce is a complete airhead - just suggested Elm Park was a filly and earlier that Hanagan had given Rosalie Bonheur a great ride when he got his reins tangled up in the final furlong .

Tom Lee - how he has ever got a broadcasting job beggars belief - endless bilge at high speed and volume makes one miss Tarnya .

The RUK editor/director today who decided to go split screen after the last fence in the Cheltenham 2.35 with the first 100yds of the mile and a half claimer at Catterick.

Brings back memories of when they went split screen during the climax of The Ebor one year with the start of a long distance seller at Cartmel.

For some reason, Dave Nevison now seems to believe it is acceptable for a RacingUK pundit to abandon proper form analysis in favour of trotting out meaningless "stats" all afternoon. I don't think I can take much more of it.

I reckon every jockey in the November Handicap who saw what Tudhope was doing and let him go deserves consideration for the AC title.

What are the chances the next time the going is soft at Donny they race wide and something that stays to the inner hacks up?

Even Mrs Mo, on a rare occasion she joined me to watch the racing, commented: if he's on the favourite why are the others letting him go? (At that point I couldn't be arsed going into it all.)

I'm now also wondering what they'll do next time it's soft at Ascot. Will someone take the Bari route?

Are our jockeys getting lazy/lazier? How many of them actually walk the course nowadays? Listening to Tudhope's comments, I got the impression someone else did the walking but the info to him was clearly golden.

The downside for connections of the winner, though, is that the handicapper might feel obliged to put Open Eagle up by a lot more than his true superiority.

Alex Hammond's Breeders cup coverage . When RUK had the rights they would bring in Dave Gudfreund 'The Maven" along with Willow and it was quality TV . I'm really sorry to say it but she is a very pretty well presented pleasant announcer with an interest in horses rather than an expert in american or UK racing and I think she was chosen for the former like Gina Bryce . I know that Gina Bryce has studied training overseas but it doesn't come across .

His own agenda is to put punters off the ones he thinks might win and on to the ones he doesn't.

He brings nothing to the programme and doesn't even pay attention to what's happening when he is on.

i think he's a good addition..doesn't take himself seriously..far better than the dire Mcgrath for instance..fence sitter extraordinaire..and damn boring to boot..a coma is preferable to listening to him

time they brought in the main man..to liven it up..that would really drive the dullard fans wild

Very slow to load form database pages, I noticed earlier, Aragorn.

Maybe it's Karma for them slating various other industry websites in their End of Year review? It would be no bad thing, imo, given the RP's own website is an utter shambles. Glass houses, and all that.

Can't login and it's slow as f@ck to load... Annoying for those of us that pay for membership...

I feel a strongly worded e-mail coming on... ��

Arse Cup: When o when are RTE going get a TV commentator who knows the name of the horses, makes some effort to identify a faller, goes past monotone and can make the finish of a 3 mile chase sound less like somebody describing wallpaper drying?

Arse Cup: When o when are RTE going get a TV commentator who knows the name of the horses, makes some effort to identify a faller, goes past monotone and can make the finish of a 3 mile chase sound less like somebody describing wallpaper drying?

You are right of course, but I think Tony O'Hehir has some mitigating circumstances over the appalling commentary for the finish of the Paddy Power. Des Scahill on ATR and racecourse was calling Wrong Turn as the winner and I'm guessing O'Hehir who had correctly spotted (round of applause) that it was Living Next Door went to double check that he was right. Kinda sounded like he was having an episode of sorts on the run in.

Back