Arse Cup

England have underestimated the Aussies and have been complacent - so says Ian Botham, who predicted before the tour started (perhaps slightly 'tongue-in-cheek) that England would win the Ashes series 5-0!

Right now on Dubai Racing TV

"We apologise, but there is a slight delay to The Winning Line due to an impromptu camel auction. The show will be on straight after."

Good subject for an arse thread

What does Angus McNae know about the Dubai Carnival that we don't ?

McNae_zps6e24420a.jpg

Racing UK's Cheltenham Handicappers feature - I didn't think it was possible for Peter Naughton to plumb new depths - I was wrong . What a complete pillock he is .

I think the BBC's two commentators in the snowboarding deserve a joint award. A bigger pair of arses I can't recall since the pillocks doing the opening ceremony at London 2012.

They even failed to call Vic Wild the winner after he'd just done a Lazarus.

The Alistar Down pieces on the history of the champion hurdle and Moscow Flyer were beautiful

Getting to know Ruby Walsh for the 798th time and meeting the Moore family in a hairdressers not so great

Rishi was his customary appalling self pretty much reducing Hen to tears asking if it was awkward Terry not being here.

Wasn't it cringeworthy !
He truly is awful, but I honestly believe his foot-in-mouth moments are unintentional and without any malice.

I think the C4 racing producers deserve the Arse Cup for that one. I've little doubt they were orchestrating it through the earpiece and they have previous - think of Clare Balding's pressing of Jane Cecil at last year's Royal Ascot following Riposte's win.

Mawkish, ghoulish, tasteless and unnecessary.

The pieces from Alastair Down are beautiful. Why oh why did they get rid of him as a presenter. I hope Rishi Persad does well in the charity race but he can be woeful and talking to Henrietta Knight today wasn't good. She was in a chair and he never asked why.

I agree re Alastair Down but I believe he did have a self-induced health problem which was why he was relegated to the back room.

You could almost hear Rishi's brain searching for the right word and then coming out with... 'awkward'. A real facepalm moment.

So who's going to ask Rishi "how did that feel?" Lucky not to come a cropper when his saddle slipped.

Now I just wonder who paid who not to tighten the girth........:whistle:

I think the C4 racing producers deserve the Arse Cup for that one. I've little doubt they were orchestrating it through the earpiece and they have previous - think of Clare Balding's pressing of Jane Cecil at last year's Royal Ascot following Riposte's win.

Mawkish, ghoulish, tasteless and unnecessary.

Those were our sentiments yesterday as we (me & the brothers) watched it.

Been busy this week so listened to a lot of the racing on the radio. Christ Tony O'Hehir is appalling on the radio. First, second, third pause repeat as nauseum....he's ******* brutal....

Been busy this week so listened to a lot of the racing on the radio. Christ Tony O'Hehir is appalling on the radio. First, second, third pause repeat as nauseum....he's ******* brutal....

He's a graduate of the Des Scahill "call the register" school of commentary.

Michael O'Leary/Philip Fenton for running Last Instalment today

Was never going to handle the ground and that's ended his career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can guarantee O'Leary won't give a toss either. Horses are just commodities to him and he would have been more than happy to take the risk even if it meant the end of his career.

Back