Ascot Gold Cup

Ven

I personally dont think Yeats was at his best last year given the busy (for him) campaign he had. I think he is much better suited to this lighter campaign. O' Brien will have him at his peak today.

I think Coastal Path is a better horse, also age in his side.
Even Pasquier can not ruin this horse, should win

I'm very keen on Coastal Path, as Gareth mentioned, his speed figures have been staggering. 2/1 still looks a terrific price, he may well turn it into a procession.

As much as ive enjoyed Yeats, there is always the sneaking feeling that he has not been up against truely top class stayers.

Fabre's confidence must be disturbing for any Yeats backers

Originally posted by SteveM@Jun 19 2008, 02:50 AM
I'd love to see Yeats equal Sagaro's record and won't mind losing if he does. I think that's sort of the way Magnier and co are looking at it too if they can't win with Yeats they won't win and certainly don't want to beat him with one of their own.

The head is ruling the heart with me today. Reluctantly I'm on Coastal Path.
This was my absolute thinking, however being the big softie that I am, I'm following my heart and have kept with Yeats.

Fabre says the horse will be more suited to a faster surface than the ground he`s encountered in France thus far. With any other trainer i`d take those comments with a pinch of salt. But Mr Fabre is the best trainer in the world.

Coastal Path could go off fav here. The more I look at it, the more I think he's the absolute banker of the meeting. Livid I didn't take some of the 9/4 available earlier.

Really tough this, as I really like them both. Should be a no bet race, but if the favourites flip-flop then I might take Yeats.

Spectacular?

Tough maybe, but not sure what you mean?

Staying division hasn't had any top class talent in years, perhaps Papineau the last.

Yeats being backed again on Betfair. Coastal Path drifting out a touch.

I've got a whole £4 on Le Miracle at 60-something.

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@Jun 19 2008, 03:34 PM
Spectacular?

Staying division hasn't had any top class talent in years, perhaps Papineau the last.
Spectacular? Stunning, magnificent horse to look at.

Are the two Godolphin horses out of this?

Both the front two in the market look fantastic.

Fitness certainly won't be an excuse for Yeats. Looks like he has been absolutely trained to the minute.

Originally posted by Galileo+Jun 19 2008, 02:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galileo @ Jun 19 2008, 02:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Andrew Hurley@Jun 19 2008, 03:34 PM
Spectacular?

Spectacular? Stunning, magnificent horse to look at.

Are the two Godolphin horses out of this? [/b][/quote]
From that sense, yes, i most certainly agree.

Have had a little interest on Sagara, but fancy Coastal Path.

Back