Ascot Gold Cup

You couldn't have asked for much more than the first three in the market coming into the straight together like that.

Oh to see that plonker on the phone...

Yeats very tough. Coastal Path doesn't look like he stayed?

Originally posted by Charlie D@Jun 19 2008, 02:52 PM
PMSL at McCirrick slating Kelly

Get the fecking idiot of tv FFS
what did he say? Not sure what else he could have done.

Fantastic performance.

For just a second turning in, I thought Coastal Path had him in trouble but he just didn't see out the trip.

In fairness to McCririck, Shane Kelly didn't exactly cover himself in glory- not that it mattered with regards to the result.

I thought Yeats would have preferred even a better pace as Murtagh probably went sooner than he would have liked.

This race brings out the best in him. Fantastic horse.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 19 2008, 03:51 PM
You couldn't have asked for much more than the first three in the market coming into the straight together like that.
I know it`s easy after the event, but Geordieland was 11 before the race and could have been laid at 2 at most in the last furlong or so. Not much of a surprise either.

Interesting that the Beeb spoke to Lee Westwood about winning the Open without Woods in the line-up before the race.

Given that Yeats has never beat Geordieland as easily as Septimus has it could be argued we have a similar scenario here.

Originally posted by Sheikh@Jun 19 2008, 03:00 PM
There is no bottom to that horse.
On the contrary - he's got a huge one.

Seriously though, I don't remember enjoying a Gold Cup to this extent. I was on Coastal Path in the belief he'd be even better at the trip but once Yeats edged past him I was shouting the favourite on. You don't mind losing money to such a beast.

I thought Kelly rode a terrific race on Geordieland. The horse was always there to be outclassed but he got him challenging two out and probably found three or four pounds on his previous form, which says a lot.

Class act of the day so far is AOB. He at last let out the horse's secret. The sheer physical make-up of Yeats. Not verbatim but not far off it: "We have to decide about preserving the genes of the horse. His heart and lungs. He has massive lungs and a massive heart. Literally. Most horses are operating full out at 12f. His heart-rate is just getting up to 180 beats per minute at 12f." Brilliant stuff.

Slating him for going after Geordie too early Andrew

Fecking idiot don't realise horse is running out of energy, thats why Kelly has to start pushing

What a fecking plank

Back